Any issue with V threads in HDS RaClicky lights?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone with a Ra Clicky had issue with the V threads?

Was considering the purchase of a Titanium RaClicky to have Henry upgrade with the latest electronics, battery compartment, switch, and LED. I like HDS Executives. My only concern is the V threads in a 10 year old light. I know that Henry switched over to Acme threads about eight (8) years ago because they were "less likely to cross-thread."

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have several Ra Clickies (including one in Titanium) and have not had any thread problems.

It is important to note, however, that I always try to thread parts very carefully.

Ever since unfortunately cross-threading a watch stem many years ago, I have made it a habit to try to be very precise about this.

djj

Newly Enlightened
I've never had a problem with v threads on my clicky or twisty, cross threading or otherwise, but a while back someone posted about their twisty threads wearing down with lots of use. That's all I can remember hearing about for thread problems.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the reticence, but unless I'm terribly mistaken, the titanium threads will have aged far better than Al threads, regardless of circumstance.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago, and in a different part of the forum, I posted my thoughts about the switch to the ACME threads -specifically as a result of "cross threading" issues and strength of threads comparatively. At the time of the switch, there were virtually no complaints about cross-threading problems and one would be hard pressed to find such complaints - especially here on the CPF HDS threads. As for the strength of threads reasoning, I'd, up to that point, never heard tell of someone breaking their HDS light at any V-thread junction, and while I'm sure there is some merit to the idea of ACME threads being "tougher" or "stronger," I personally never saw anyone here on CPF complain that the V-threads on their pre-switch model weren't "tough enough" or "strong enough." Much like the "cross-threading" issue, I think you'd be hard pressed to find examples of people espousing such.

I've owned numerous examples of both V-threaded and ACME threaded HDS lights through the years...Purchase your titanium HDS V-threaded light without fear.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Only problem I have ever had with HDS threads was on my twisty. I actually used it so much I wore them out😭😭