Help me choose - headlamp for EDC

Mjskia

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a headlamp that can also serve as a EDC with pocket clip. I prefer NW light, and no more then 1000lm. Battery type is not really a concern, but I would like something chargeable. Price range up to $100.00

I'm really liking the Olight H1R, but looking for suggestions from the more experienced people here.

Thanks in advance.

archimedes

Flashaholic
A vague title may get overlooked here, so I've edited that to be more specific.

Good luck, I'm sure some of the headlamp fans will be by to help shortly ....

Rasher

Enlightened
I'm really liking the Thrunite TH30: very small, usb charge, good run times. Bought one for kid as a bike headlamp, got a second to play with and find myself using it often with clip as EDC.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not an EDC?
It just does not look like a flashlight but it is!

The Olight H1 are really nice,I like mine a lot and I ordered an Armeytec Wizard 18650 this afternoon to get something bigger.
The TH20 is not a EDC.

Last edited:

Sos24

Enlightened
I have the Olight H1r and really like it.

In addition Zebralight has several that can be used as a regular flashlight or headband. Fenix HL50 can also be removed from the headband, but I'm not sure it actually has a clip.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Olight H1r and really like it.

In addition Zebralight has several that can be used as a regular flashlight or headband. Fenix HL50 can also be removed from the headband, but I'm not sure it actually has a clip.
The Fenix does not come with a clip but I still use it from the pocket all the time,it also can use a 123 or AA battery which can be pretty handy at times.

Mjskia

Newly Enlightened
Well, I finally decided on a light and went with the Nitecore HC30 NW. Just ordered it from the Nitecore Store. I hope I made a good choice, we shall see.