Lumintop tool question

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been reading how much everyone likes the AAA Tool. I'm very interested in trying one. Especially with the electronic to cap. My question. I think I read somewhere that there was a version with m-l-h sequence. That's what I would prefer. Are they still made?
I've looked on mass drop and it seems like all are l-m-h. For EDC I prefer medium as first mode!
The clicky version has med first on amazon but I really like the looks without the extended tail button. Plus Ti looks awesome on these lights.
If anyone has a place to get one with medium mode first please post or pm me. Where can I find a ti with med first. Prefer cool temp led too!

Thanks!

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I got my ti tool on Amazon I think. Its mlh mode order. I got the nichia 219bt one and love it. Its not the best any one thing except it seems to always find its way into my pocket as an edc.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
MLH is the standard offering

Not on the Ti or copper with electronic switch.
I think originally that was the norm but now I seem to find l-m-h

For edc when I turn it on I want a decent amount of light. 25-30 lumens. Maybe I became used to my old Fenix!

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the Massdrop AAA lights are L-M-H. They did offer the Lumintop Tool Ti version a while back and it is M-L-H but was not "Massdrop made". The Lumintop Ti version doesn't seem to be available on Amazon now but may be available online from another retailer and it has the electronic switch.

M-L-H is the standard operation of the Lumintop models. The parts interchange between the MD and Lumintop AAAs so if you buy both you can lego the light you want and still have a spare working light as a back-up. The aluminum MD lights are $25 but the Lumintop Tool can be had around $17 or less,a really good deal for what you get IMHO.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do a Google search, you can find exactly what you are looking for from online sellers in China. Great little light.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do a Google search, you can find exactly what you are looking for from online sellers in China. Great little light.

I looked at 4 of the known sellers from China
They all seem to say it 3 modes H-M-L. But do not say what mode is first.
I will double check.
Thank you

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I'm looking for Ti or copper with the electronic switch

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did get one from China. It is MLH sequence. Very nice little light.
Can any of you that have all the different. Variations show how they LEGO?
Is it the driver or the switch that determines Med or low first?

For example, can I put this driver in a blue Ti from mass drop and have med mode first?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

For example, can I put this driver in a blue Ti from mass drop and have med mode first?
It is the driver

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Ti heads do not lego with Maratac, nor Lumintop Tool Heads, because only the Ti head has the brass pill showing through the split head.

my guess is you can move the brass pill from your MLH TiTool to the Massdrop TiTool that is LMH