Printer Won't Print Yellow

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Printer Won\'t Print Yellow

My HP 712C will print other colors, but the other day it stopped printing the color yellow.
I thought it might be the cartridge, but I replaced it and it didn't help. I can't figure why only yellow is affected.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Jerry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Printer Won\'t Print Yellow

sounds like priter head to me?but lots a printer heads are now in cartridge so im not sure

BF Hammer

Enlightened

Remove the cartridge and try cleaning the cartridge contacts? HP ink cartridges include the jets, so replacing them will fix a clogged jet - that eliminates that as one of your problems.

Otherwise, your printer may have decided to quit working without being given permission to break. I hate when they do that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments.

I changed the cartridge, and not luck. I checked all the other colors, and all work except the yellow. If I print in grayscale, the yellow highlight is gray, so somehow it recognizes that there is a color there. However when I print in color, it is as if there is no highlight on the yellow.

Oh well, it is not a big problem, as I don't do much in color. I can always replace it with a combination unit or another printer.
Thanks, again.

Jerry

iddibhai

Enlightened

clean the little contacts on the printer cartridge holder?

was_jlh

Enlightened

Jerry, don't ditch the printer, check on google, lots of posts about HP's yellow probs. Appears to be common prob.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

was,

Thanks, I have looked there, but I'll try again. So far I have not been able to discover the discussions.

Jerry

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

was_jlh,

Many thanks. I went to the link and someone posted that "yellow's emulsifier evaporates more quickly than cyan or magenta."

I then noticed that my cartridges had the date of 2001 on them. That is a use by date I understand. Don't know when I got them or where.
I then went to a new package with a Nov 2004 date, and IT WORKED. Now my printer will print yellow.

I was about to toss it, and you saved me a new printer.

I admit I hate to toss two relatively unused cartridges, but if they won't print the right colors they are not much good. Since they are 3 years out of date, I don't think HP would be responsible, so I'll just eat them.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Eric_M

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
JerryM said:
...so I'll just eat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry, don't eat them. Otherwise we'll have another "should I seek medical attention" thread and I don't think we could take the stress of that again.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

was_jlh

Enlightened

Glad it worked out, Jerry. If you've got an Office Depot nearby, take the print cartridges there, they'll give you a ream of paper for each one.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Jerry, don't eat them. Otherwise we'll have another "should I seek medical attention" thread and I don't think we could take the stress of that again."

Excellent advice, Eric. I wonder if that is what has been wrong with me lately - poor diet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't eaten a flashlight lately, though.

Jerry

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

For old (unused) carts that have clogged heads, first try wiping with an alcohol-soaked tissue. If that doesn't work, set it down head-first on said tissue. If that fails, suck on the head through a tissue or paper towel. I've gotten years of use out of outdated cartridges this way.