Sad but True

Coherence

Newly Enlightened
I sent a Surefire 6p to a (girl) friend of mine as a gift a while back, and just met up with her recently.

Her: You know that black flashlight you sent me? I had to throw it away.

Me: What?! Why?

Her: It stopped working.

Me: You mean it just quit all of a sudden, or did it get dim and go out, or what?

Her: It just quit.

Me: Did it get dim first?

Her: Yes, I guess so.

Me: Well, don't you think the batteries may just be used up?

Her: I guess so.

Me: (speechless) (*sigh*)

How can anyone just throw away a Surefire?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARGH!
shocked.gif
Is she still alive? I gave a Pocketbright to a friend who threw it away when the switch acted up
frown.gif
Some folks don`t appricate nice lights. I don`t think I would give her anymore lights...maybe find a new girlfriend

No offense, really.

But that just goes to show the complete ignorance (not stupidity, ignorance) of some people.
wink.gif
Not even changing the batteries! Doh!

I hope you've reverted to giving her $2 Walmart flashlights now.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coherence:

Her: You know that black flashlight you sent me? I had to throw it away.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy feces!!!
That is absolutely un-f%*$&#^ing-believable!!!
cussing.gif

That would be like me giving somebody a Trek 1900 and hearing they sh!tcanned it after it died on them after a few months of heavy use.
"Oh, batteries? Where are they? I didn't know the flashlight used them!"

My sincerest condolences... Wall-Mart flashlights may even be too much for that girl now.
blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Excusez-moi? She threw away a SUREFIRE? Could you ask her exactly where did that happen?
wink.gif

US educational system cries out for a major reform, because some people are way too ignorant, if you know what I mean.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Spidey82

Enlightened
Sad..............................
did u have a funeral service for the poor light???
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just threw it away when it failed to light up. Not even tried to call 911 and ask for help. Not even tried to ask for help from neighbors, hair-dresser, barber, or passers-by.

How can some people be so insensitive. Poor flashlights........ were not even given a chance.

My condolenses to friends and relatives of those poor flashlights, victims of inhumane acts of disregard to value of life.

- verge -

Size15's

Flashaholic
shocked.gif
I'm gonna need a strong drink.

frown.gif
mad.gif
How can this happen?!

What do/did you see in her?!

By the way... Did you tell her what she'd done? Maybe she'd have been very sorry?

Al
rolleyes.gif

Coherence

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Excusez-moi? She threw away a SUREFIRE? Could you ask her exactly where did that happen?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought of recovery too, but it is too late, buried in a landfill by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> ...is she blond?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprisingly, no.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Just threw it away when it failed to light up. Not even tried to call 911 and ask for help. Not even tried to ask for help from neighbors, hair-dresser, barber, or passers-by.
How can some people be so insensitive. Poor flashlights........ were not even given a chance
My condolenses to friends and relatives of those poor flashlights, victims of inhumane acts of disregard to value of life..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coherence:

Amen to that...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had a Surefire, I could have held a funeral by proxy... I still have the chapel I used for that poor Starlite that didn't survive testing.

Coherence

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You can probably put this in the same category as: "Oh, you mean you're supposed to put oil in the car???"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brings to mind a funny story.

I was at work when a coworker got a phone call, from his wife, problems with the car, it is leaking oil.

He goes to take care of the situation, returns and tells us what happened:

Oil is coming from various areas on the car, seals are leaking. He checks the oil level. Off the scale, too much oil on the dipstick. He siphons out a quart or so, still off the scale. Removes more etc. finally about 3 quarts to get to the proper level.

Okay time to ask the wife what happened. Turns out that every time she heard a rattle, backfire, sqeak, whatever, she would just add a quart of oil to the car because she was 'smart' and knew to keep oil in the car.

Every guy listening to the story laughed at this point but the one girl listening didn't 'get' it.

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
I really really hope that this babe is better in other areas of life. Or she would be dumped so fast....

I had a Sergeant working for me in Okinawa. He had a car and almost daily he'd be coming in complaining about his car burning or leaking oil. He would state that every time he'd fill it up with gas it would need another quart.
Then finally one day he came in and had blown his engine. It seemed that he was checking the transmission dipstick and not the oil....
Yes, this guy was a moron in all other aspects of his life too.

Gandalf

Enlightened
OK, the obvious next gift has *got* to be a candle. I want to hear what she says when it goes out.... "Well, it was working just fine, bit it seemed, well, smaller, somehow, you know? Then it just dissapeard completely!"

Seen on a bumber sticker: 'Women: you can't live with them, and it's against the law to kill them.'
rolleyes.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
------------------------------------
Originally posted by mad_scientist

Excusez-moi? She threw away a SUREFIRE? Could you ask her exactly where did that happen?

Originally posted by Coherence

I thought of recovery too, but it is too late, buried in a landfill by now.

QUOTE ........ Bounty Hunter, Metal detectors can provide hours of enjoyment when you use them to search for buried treasure. ... Photographs and animations show how metal detectors operate, and the various technologies they use.........../QUOTE

www.howstuffworks.com/metal-detector.htm -

Lite-Lover
grin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif