Turtlelite 1-1/2

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got some nice results mixing a Turtlelite I and a Turtlelite II.

Quick review for the uninitiated: The I has a single ground down LED and smooth reflector producing an extremely narrow beam. The II has standard dual LEDs in a facetted reflector producing a beautiful broad beam with a nice hot spot.

I swapped the LEDs and now the single LED is producing reasonably wider and more useable beam, thanks to the facetted reflector. The dual LEDs in the smooth reflector are producing a beam much like they originally did, just not quite as smooth. The difference in smoothness doesn't affect useage at all.

So, now my Turtlelite I is a greatly improved light and the II is pretty much the same. To tell the truth, the I is actually the Dorcy version.
grin.gif

StuU

Enlightened
Boy, what a coincidence! I did the very same thing yesterday. I switched the faceted reflector from a Dorcy Boss with the clear reflector of a Dorcy Cool Blue led light.

Putting the faceted reflector on the Cool Blue makes the focused part of the beam go from a near-pencil width to a nicely usable Brinkman size beam- plus a wide corona.

Of course, taking away the faceted reflector from my modified Dorcy Boss(3 leds!) degrades the light pattern here.