Klarus        
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: My attempt at a LS conversion

  1. #1
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    56

    Default My attempt at a LS conversion

    Well, here's my attempt.
    I put the LS unit in a cut-up 35mm film cannister. As you can see, the cannister has a copper wire epoxied around the sides and, what you can't see is a flattened penny epoxied on the bottom. When the cannister is stuck in the flashlight, it makes contacts with the stock connections. The switch on the side is used to change the resistance of the circuit. It varies it from 5 ohms to 3 ohms (darn Radio Shack only had 10 ohm resistors or it would have varied between 5 ohms and 1 ohm).
    I converted the flashlight this way so I didn't have to harm the flashlight. Unlike others in our forum, I don't like hurting flashlights. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The stock reflector and bulb can be replaced at any time.
    Flashlight works fine, but 5 ohms is too much resistance. I'm going to have to mail order some smaller resitors. Unfortunately, unlike the more sophisticated members of the forum, I have no way of measuring light output or current.

  2. #2
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: My attempt at a LS conversion

    Darn,
    the picture isn't showing up. Here's a link: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=52511571&f=0

  3. #3

    Default Re: My attempt at a LS conversion

    Danno, Neat project making a bulb "module". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •