Cheap Pelican L1 Lights

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Botach Tactical, a police supply company, has these for $7.76 each, plus shipping. Cheapest I have ever seen. I have had good luck ordering on-line from them over the last 3 years, although others have had some problems. Here's the link:
http://www.botachtactical.com/micolights.html

I really like these little lights - not particularly bright, but battery life (100 hours) is outstanding. You can count on it to work when you really need it.

napalm-2002

Enlightened
it should be forced upon all new members to read all postings on botach.

basically if u want screwd get a social life!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
I too placed several orders with Botach, with no problems. But the number of people who have had trouble, sometimes a *huge* amount of trouble with orders to Botach, make ordering from them about the same as shooting craps in Vegas: the odds are against you. Avoid them like The Plague, and order from a more reputable website. One fellow on the orum here reported he had purchased some 'close-out' Eveready lithium 123's, and got some with a 'use by' date of 1996! They were dead, of course. Do you want this kind of trouble?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
One BIG problem I've had with the people I now call "Botox", is that after immediately responding to promo email sale, I find out they don't even have the item in stock.
frown.gif

-This has only happened 3 times in 4 months...:O
Needless to say, they're offa my list for good.
-Now If I could just figure out how to finally get off of their mailing list.
rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now If I could just figure out how to finally get off of their mailing list.

Does your email system have a "Block Senders" function?
grin.gif

tongue.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi John, thanks for the heads up. Don`t let us discourage you from bringing great deals to the attention of the forum. As you can tell there is not much love here for Botach. That IS a great price for a nice light...just the wrong company.

Bad
cool.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Now If I could just figure out how to finally get off of their mailing list.

Does your email system have a "Block Senders" function?
grin.gif

tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately not, Chris.
-Gearing up with new equipt. soon though
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got to say "badbeam" is right nice of you to bringing a good deals to are attention. and it is a nice light just don't get it from Botach they are the wrong company to buy from at any price.

srewed me two out of two times

just say NO to Botach Tactical

frinds not let frinds buy from Botach Tactical

boy i am geting good lol

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by videocal:

-Now If I could just figure out how to finally get off of their mailing list.
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could either install a filter (blocks their e-mail address) or just start Spamcopping the SOBs.
smile.gif

Unfortunately, neither is 100% effective.
I keep getting this crap from free4survey dot something something, and I can't seem to get those toilet monkeys to quit pestering me.
Filtering doesn't get them all, and Spamcopping the tweedle out of them doesn't seem to do any good either.

O well... the joys of the internet.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John3:
Thanks for the facts on Botach. I will probably keep buying from them (can't resist the prices) until I get screwed, then join the anti-Botach fan club.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eventually, they'll learn the difference between "sell him the..." and "pee on the..."

But until then, don't be surprised if things don't go quite as you expected. Maybe not this order, maybe not the next, or the next. But sooner or later, SURPRISE!
frown.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
The real problem isn't just that an order gets messed up, that does happen from time to time with everyone, but more often with Botach. The real problem is when it does get messed up you get the run around, it wasn't their fault, you have to PAY to return it, they refuse to admit they made a mistake and you are just out the $, or you never even get to talk to them. Just a friendly warning... Again maybe you'll get lucky, but for me it just isn't worth it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the facts on Botach. I will probably keep buying from them (can't resist the prices) until I get screwed, then join the anti-Botach fan club.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
The real problem is when it does get messed up you get the run around, it wasn't their fault, you have to PAY to return it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just use a credit card, and contest the charge. Consumers almost always win with credit car disputes. When I have a problem with a vendor, I give them one chance to fix it, then I simply have VISA not pay them.

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some glow sticks from Botach because they appeared to be cheap but they didn't tell me the shipping cost. I only saw the shipping cost when the package arrived at my door and it was twice as much as the glowsticks themselves! Had they told me how much the shipping was going to be before they processed the order I would have chanceled strait away. After lengthly discussion with somone at botach they said they would refund the shipping but they did f**k all.