Z48/49 tailcap minus rubber guard?

sidetracker

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a photo of a Z49/49 tailcap without the rubber guard on the end? I like the clickie type switch, but the rubber guard gets in the way and I want to know if it can be removed without trouble.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Sorry that the clickies are a bit dusty.

clickies.jpg

Geoff

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, how about that! Will the Z60 lanyard attachment ring (L2 and A2) work on these?

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great, Al ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

ET

Newly Enlightened
Wow, the "naked" Z48/Z49 looks pretty good and seems more functional for holster use. I have an M3 with a Z48 tailcap but there's no way it works with the SOE holster cause the rubber housing is too big.

Do you just use brute force to remove the rubber housing or is there a special technique? And how about if I want to put the rubber housing back on? Is it possible after removal?

ET

Newly Enlightened
Ah, danke.

I tried the blow dryer method on 2 of my black Z49's and they were easy enough. But then I tried it on my HA Z48 and it's damn near impossible. Anyone else have this problem with the HA Z48's?

Update: Using the flat screwdriver head from a Swiss Army knife, I was able to just pry it off without any damage. Yay, 3 naked tailcaps.