Batonlight questions

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, do those of you who have one like it??
Second, what is an average price to be paid for one?? I almost bought one this last weekend, but didn't know a good price.
I was just wondering. I like the design, but looks are not everything. Thanks!

Blades

Brock

Flashaholic
It is a real workhorse light, very durable. I have added electrical tape to the head of the light so it doesn't spill light back in your eyes while using it. It also is much more defuse (more of a flood light) then most lights, very nice for close up work, but not good for more then 5 to maybe 10 feet, unless it is totally dark. I would use it more, but it is larger and heavier then most light at the same brightness, but probably tougher also.

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
Brock...

Get that electrical tape off your baton light - and use some heat shrink tubing!!! I does a GREAT job!

Also, I didn't like the key loop - the way it was kind of loose and rattely, so I removed it, added a pocket clip (like for the mag AA), and put heat shrink over that end, too. Now it's a pocket light without the rattle.

Regards,

Xenon

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades:
First, do those of you who have one like it??
Second, what is an average price to be paid for one?? I almost bought one this last weekend, but didn't know a good price.
I was just wondering. I like the design, but looks are not everything. Thanks!

Blades
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like mine very much. The three LEDs will provide enough bright lighting for most close up work. By the way, I paid $29.95.

The looks of this batonlite is quite handsome,until my E2 comes along
smile.gif
I think you will not regret getting this batonlite.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, until I started working on the early Arc LS model, the Batonlight was one of my favorite "frequent use" lights that I carried everywhere. It is bright enough to be truly useful in multiple situations - from reading a bar menu to looking for dropped objects to lighting up a restroom that has a burned out light bub.

The switching mechanism is also satisfactory, and gives you the option of momentary or steady-on; and the light output does not have those obnoxious blue rings because of the diffusing lens.

Its two major drawbacks are that because the light is diffuse, it doesn't have as long a "throw" as other 3-LED lights; and it uses a battery type that may be hard to find in an emergency, and maybe not at all if the only store open is the local Quick-E-Mart.

busbar

Newly Enlightened
I think the batonlite needs an accessory extension tube for the barrel that would permit use of AAA cells and flare out slightly to limit side light from the leds. The added length would help the kuboton(?)aspect.

Xenon

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by busbar:
I think the batonlite needs an accessory extension tube for the barrel that would permit use of AAA cells and flare out slightly to limit side light from the leds. The added length would help the kuboton(?)aspect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can actually put two AAA batteries into your batonlight and use the light in case you are unable to find N batteries. But it won't be that bright, but still acceptable.

The AAA is thinner than N batteries, but I have no problem with it. Since it is easy to find N batteries here, I will skip the AAA option.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the information everyone. I will probably pick one up at the next gun&knife show.

Blades