Hot pockets

bwcaw

Enlightened
I was just sitting here reading a post in the cafe when I realised my left leg was getting warm. I thought, hmm, that is odd. So I felt the pant in that area, gee, that is quite warm, and getting warmer!! aaaaahhhhh!!!!! I quickly reach into my pocket and yank out a 123 battery that was shorting on my keyring. Ouch, glad I didn't burn a hole in my 5.11's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Dang those get hot quick. Guess I better not put 123's in my pockets with metal stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
boom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you could probably wrap a piece of tape around one or both of the battery contacts to eliminate/reduce this problem...

bwcaw

Enlightened
I am glad it didn't go boom. That would have hurt. Good idea with the tape. Pretty stupid on my part I should know better than to put batteries and metal objects in the same pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

juancho

Enlightened
It happened to me once, the tape idea is good, but for carryng spares a macht safe made of plastic (usually orange) have capacity for two 123A, and been plastic is not conductive. I saw them at Walmart during the summer in the camping section, I think the price is about a dollar.
I also have a couple of them in the glove compartment of my car.

Juan C.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
As someone once mentioned before, a Kodak Advantix film can will hold two 123's quite nicely. Don't get a Fuji, too small. Best part is that they will give you one almost anywhere.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I use a regular film cannister to hold one 123 battery. Most film/camera stores will be more than happy to give you some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif