Casio G SHOCK

jdb2

Newly Enlightened
I got mine by ordering online from walmart.com. It was a good price and came promptly. I couldn't find it in any of their stores ( I have the solar powered, radio-controlled G shock watch). It's great.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart, K-Mart, Target all carry G-Shocks. Some times you can find older models for a little less, basically old inventory they still have. Also, it never hurts to ask a manager if they will price match (Internet prices, take a print out for proof) or lower the price a little. That worked for my wife at a Target store when she got me one as a gift.

Mike

tater_salad

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to check Target tomorrow. Does anybody have any experience with the Solar line?

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, mine is solar, and also calibrates with the atomic clock. I have only had the battery level drop to medium once. I was using the auto light and never turned it off. So if I was inside, or wearing long sleeve shirts it would come on whenever I turned my arm just right. I had it set like that for a few days.

Now I only turn the auto light on when I go to bed, and off when I get up. So far it has stayed fully charged. The atomic time setting also works very well. I wear the watch to bed and this has not seemed to hinder its ability to get the signal. I live in the country with almost nothing to get in the way of the signal, so that might be a big reason.

Besides al that, its just a neat looking watch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
219casio-med.jpg

tater_salad

Newly Enlightened
Hey, that's the one I ordered! Can you adjust the time manually? I like to set my watch to works timeclock.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean your works timeclock is off?
That reminds me of a time I parked in an airport short term parking lot, and intentionally or otherwise (cynic says intentionally), they had their time set fast by about 5 minutes, so the card I got upon entering had the wrong time on it. Upon exit, I was gauging my time by the correct time, and I cut it too close to the 1 hr period, which resulted in a 2 hour charge, despite being under 1 hr, based on the correct time. When I questioned them about this, it seemed apparent they were well aware of it, and said the time is per hour, regardless of the actual time. "We have our own time" or some words to that effect.. I told them in that case, they should not print any time that even resembles the correct time, but they seemed to think it was just fine the way it was..

alberto

Enlightened
I have the Wave Ceptor/Tough Solar and love it. It's a large watch, which I normally wouldn't like but this makes it worth the extra size. Prices vary all over the place. I bought mine somewhere on the Internet (don't remember where) at a better price than Walmart or Target.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A bit off topic, but here's a pic of an alternative Casio I recently found at WalMart. It's got all the expected timers and alarms plus a 30 page telememo. For us flashaholics it's lit by two LEDs. The band's quite comfortable and it's only gained about 2 sec. in a month. I just wish it had a sweep sec. hand.

Casio.jpg

stockae92

Enlightened
i concur ebay, target, walmart.

i have 2 g-shock (6700 & 5600) myself, they serve their purpose well and live up to their names.

i do need to replace batteries (dah?) and watch band (about per every 2 battery changes). batteries last about 3 yrs on average.

they works great and i am looking forward to owning more g-shocks (tough solar and waveceptor in a 5700 body will be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )