Could use some suggestions - Corded Phone

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Corded, yes corded.

Since somebody will probably ask, I'll tell you right now, why I want a corded phone. I have 802.11b wireless in my house, and I don't want any other 2.4ghz frequencies flying around my house. My main phones are 5.8ghz, which is expensive and hard to find.

I am looking for a corded phone for my room. Something that's a reasonable size, and kinda cool looking. It is going in a teenager's room after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm on a tight budget too, so the lower the price, the better.

All I have seen is boring, white, plain, generic phones. Any suggestions?

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: I forgot to add, something with a caller ID screen is a must!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

DougNel

Newly Enlightened
I recently went looking for essentially the same type of phone (although minus the "cool" factor). My primary criteria were caller ID and had to work during a power outage, since I too use cordless phones as primaries. You will find that those two together are hard to find. I bought the following: AT&T 958 Corded Speakerphone With Call Waiting/Caller ID

Sound quality is great and I thought it was a good deal for $25.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Illy, check local office supply stores for weekly sales - like OfficeMax, Office Depot, etc. I bought a corded phone with caller id about a month ago at OfficeMax for $10.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
One nice feature that I haven't seen on many phones, then again I haven't looked at many phones lately. Is called something like auto-redial. You call a number, it's busy, you hit the auto redial button and about every 15 seconds the speaker phone pops on and redials the number.