ARC AAA Head Fix

MY

Enlightened
In my zeal, I was one of the first people who brought the first generation ARC AAA light. As others have found out, the head comes off easily in the pant's pocket. As such many people simply do not use the light as much as they should, especially given its superior brightness and run time.

Does anybody have any easy solutions to preventing the ARC head from coming off? I really don't want to spend a lot of time on this fix.

Is ARC replacing first generation lights with the second generation light that address the problem? It seems that this problem is a "manufacturing defect" and should be covered under their lifetime replacement policy.

While I find that the light is almost as good as people expound in these treads, this problem with the head coming off limits this light to the "good idea but not very useful" drawer.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

MY... I'm also an owner of 1st generation Arc-AAA and shares the same problem before.

The fix is to send a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (SASE) to Arclight and ask for the rubber O-rings to replace the flat rubber gasket of your Arclite.

The other fix is to get in touch with Gransee and I believe he'll take care of your problem.

- verge -

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your both right! We can send you free replacements for the o-rings or gaskets but that will not fix the problem of it coming off in your pocket. This was unique to the early generations. Send the entire defective flashlight back and we will send you the latest version free of charge.

The address is on our website on the FAQ page.

Peter Gransee

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have several AAA Mag-lites with this same problem. This is the VERY reason I stopped carrying them in my trouser pockets.
My solution is applying teflon pipe tape. DO NOT get "carried away." Use ONLY ONE LAYER of tape. It works for me.

MY

Enlightened
Mr. Gransee:

Thanks for the reply. Please look for my first gen AAA ARC in the mail. I am looking forward to its replacement. Service after the sale will keep me coming back for your fine products.

Cheers.
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
Your both right! We can send you free replacements for the o-rings or gaskets but that will not fix the problem of it coming off in your pocket. This was unique to the early generations. Send the entire defective flashlight back and we will send you the latest version free of charge.

The address is on our website on the FAQ page.

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is one of the best reasons to buy from the Arc Co. Quality and comitment to the customer. And one reason I don`t mind paying the price for the ARC LS...the security of knowing ARC will stand behind it.

The second generation AAA Arc is great. The teflon tape does work very well to solve the generation 1 problem however.

The Arc XL AAA is still on my I want bad list as well.

I still hold out hope that there will be a "c" or even "d" option for the LS someday.

Harrkev

Enlightened
I say turn the light all the way on and tape the head in place.

1) The light is so useful, you will never need to turn it off.

2) The battery lasts soooo long, you will never need to replace it!

wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:

I still hold out hope that there will be a "c" or even "d" option for the LS someday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about a Limted edition 2AAAA (a la Streamlight Stylus but with the LED recessed for protection) in HA finish, rosewood, or black lacquer (a la Mont Blanc fountain pen) for those with truly discriminating palettes?

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
I was not going to publically mention this since I did not know if it was Peter's official policy to replace the gen1 with a gen2 light but since he posted the information I just want to add that he did excatly that for me a few months ago.

Great company, great products, great owner.

protodoc
(ARC-AAA limited edition and ARC-LS on order)

Brock

Flashaholic
I have also been pondering a Arc AAAA. I suppose the big drawback would be the odd sized batteries. But it would be neat to have a single AAAA light at the same brightness as the Arc AAA. I suppose it would only last just over 1 hour and wouldn't be a strong, since it would be so much smaller. I bet Peter has already toyed with the idea
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana ......formerly Lumenaddict:
How about a Limted edition 2AAAA (a la Streamlight Stylus but with the LED recessed for protection) in HA finish, rosewood, or black lacquer (a la Mont Blanc fountain pen) for those with truly discriminating palettes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
(Homer Simpson donut-love drooling sound) I asked Peter for the 4a months ago..it would be so neat...dare I suggest;
trading a little brightness for burntime?