beef with few companies...

matt_j

Enlightened
I consider me self a laid back individual. I don't stress about little things but lately few things really pissed me off.

Lets start with superknife.com... I place an order, receive prompt confirmation and next day shipping notice. So far so good. I'm happy. Six days pass by nothign arrives. I'm kind of worried since shipping notice email had a wrong address line but lady at customer service assures me that everything is in order and that USPS packages take up to 30 days to arrive (aacording to postal service it is 3-5 days). So right now I'm on my 25th day of waiting and nothign happens. They are sold out of things they shipped so I can't even duplicate my order. I just feel like I'm being jerked around.

Now another place is Chris Reeve Knives. I have a large sebenza that I wanted to customize. They have WTC handles that are being sold and I wanted few to make my knife uniqe. I call them up, have a chat, give them my cc number, place an order and leave a call back number. That was two months ago. Nobody ever called. Geeeeee maybe my money is no good there.

I don't know. I came to expect NYC companies to have customer service. I've always put places outside NY as people who acctually care and have decent customer service skills. But maybe things are changing. Just needed to vent.

Matt

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some of these smaller companies get in over their heads. Try as they may, things start to suffer. It's a bummer, good luck.

Mike

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Matt,

You might want to give the CRK guys a call again -- they do have a reputation as being among the *_best_* in terms of customer service in the high-end knife industry, and it could just be that you are still within their backlog/lead-time period (or, more unfortunately, that your order was somehow mis-handled).

In the world of high-end and custom knives, a rather long wait-time is not an exception, and is more often than not actually quite expected.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

matt_j

Enlightened
Allen,

I will call them back no doubt. I know I have to wait for a product long time but a curtesy phone call about how I want my order to be done was in order. Without that they have no idea what to do. I'm just bit frustrated because of stuff with superknife and couple of mishaps that happened with fedex and tadgear during xmas.

Hahahaha. There is an area in Brooklyn right under the Mnahatan Bridge called DUMBO and they have huge rats. One that can eat a baby. Nice name.

Matt

Wylie

Enlightened
Oh man,
I got beefs with enough companies to well I don't even want to get started with naming half of them.
I happen to own one of those small companies myself although my customer relations are top notch.
I cannot always cater to everyone and let them know it so I do feel bad about that some of the time.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Matt,

LOL, OK, I promise you, I'm not one of those guys, LOL !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take a picture for me, will ya?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know - and trust me, as a fellow consumer/enthusiast, I can definitely understand your pain. Let's put it this way, one of my favorite knife brands is Microtech, Doh ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

But there are always potential complicating factors, too. For example, I called a few times and e-mailed one of my favorite knifemakers over the last week, only to have gotten no response. Just today, I was informed by a mutual friend that she'd been running essentially a one-woman show since earlier last year, and later, when she called this afternoon, we *_both_* started off by apologizing perfusely to each other, LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully, this is something that just slipped through the cracks, but hey, brother, I totally hear where you're coming from.

Allen
aka DumboRAT