Sheaths for customs and mods

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize most are more interested in modern materials and designs for sheaths to carry their lights and knives... but I am just a sucker for leather.

I haven't trusted clips since a Gerber MK I disappeared from my web gear back in the early 80s. I am often in the bush or on a boat, so I want things secure in a sheath, pouch, scabbard, pack or connected to me by a lanyard. Also, around town anything bigger than an Arc AAA is uncomfortable for me in a trouser pocket.

I just got back from a business trip to Mexico this morning. Figuring out accommodations for a possible Yucatan tour and hunt next fall. I carried my McL1 in one of County Comm's nylon sheaths and it served like a yeoman.

However, I can't stand the sound of velcro being peeled. I have always been mystified by the military's affection for it.

I ordered a couple of sheaths from a knife sheath maker for my two McLux PR-917 III/E2es. These were molded for the McLux PR head, but they will work with the PR-T as well.

Here are a couple of photos for those who like good old leather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Britt
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

What do you like in a sheath? Do you like hard or soft synthetic materials? Combination of the two? Do you always want black? Lens down carry?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a custom sheath made up for the Pelican M6. I wanted something rugged and handsome for scorpion hunting at night with a 6 watt UV modified PM6, but it works for any of the PM6 configurations.

Britt
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Primarily what I would use this powerful UV for would be to check out the clothes, footwear, sleeping area and gear of clients down south. One fellah had a bad reaction to a scorpion sting. Good thing I had an Epi-Pen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif