Is the Atlas Nova 635nm RED Laser Pointer the Best

ViperVisor

Newly Enlightened
I jusy want a NICE 635 red laser for now.

I got a red laser for X-Mas like 5 years ago but it dissappeared like 3 years ago (someone had to of stole it)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If this is the pen-style 635nm red laser like I bought from Arnold last November, then yes, it seems to be nice and lives up to its expectations.

635-1.jpg

It produces a nice beam, and has not malfunctioned since I've had it.
This unit produces a beam of approximately 638nm in wavelength; these diodes can vary from 635nm to 640nm.
So it is well within tolerances that way.
And the unit draws 41mA off two AAA cells.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been eyeing the super slim 635 red laser on the glow-bug.com web site. It uses AAAA batteries that are a bit harder to find, but I really like the slimmer profile.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is the Atlas Nova 635nm RED Laser Pointer the

I have the Atlas Nova, and am very happy with it. Slightly more orange and significantly more brightness than my older lasers.

Test: Two cats, ignoring Radio Shack AA 650nm red laser spot dancing around their feet. Oh, so 2003 (yawn) ....

On comes the Atlas Nova. Pounce! scurry thunder down through the house, bounce off the back wall, rush back, run in circles, run back down the hall ...

I think this is a significantly more visible red laser dot!

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is the Atlas Nova 635nm RED Laser Pointer the

damn my cats will even chase the spot form my Cyan Mini-Mag with an NX-05...Big time spot chasers here lol...