Cox Relases Spam Blocker and E-mail Anti-Virus

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an e-mail today from Cox (my ISP), letting me know that they are now offering a spam blocker, as well as e-mail anti-virus software, free of any charges. This comes after many anti-cox adds from Verizon DSL, targeting Verizon's software, whereas previously, Cox had next to nothing.

Here is the e-mail:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Valued Cox High Speed Internet Customer:

Unwanted email, commonly referred to as spam, has become a tremendous problem for everyone connected to the Internet, including consumers, businesses and Internet service providers (ISPs) like Cox Communications. Spam is costly to everyone – so much so that Congress recently passed a new law that penalizes spammers.

Email filtering for spam and viruses is now available at no additional charge to you!
Cox is pleased to announce the availability of several Cox High Speed Internet service security and feature enhancements that will help you control what you see in your inbox, while also helping to protect you from destructive Internet viruses!

Activate Spam Blocker Now!
IMPORTANT – you must sign in to Customer Support and activate Spam Blocker to take advantage of this protection.
Click here to sign-in to Customer Support and activate. Due to high demand for this product, you may want to log in before or after the peak hours of 7pm – 9pm.

You only need to do this one time for each of your cox.net email accounts and you can go back to Customer Support to change this configuration at any time. Anti-Virus service is activated automatically and does not need to be configured.

Spam Blocker
<ul type="square"> [*]Opt-in/Opt-out for spam filtering of your Cox.net email. [*]Various levels of control that allow you to choose between complete elimination of the spam messages (i.e. you never see it) or mark suspect messages as spam for review. [/list]

Email Anti-Virus
<ul type="square"> [*]Scanning of email messages sent to you to remove identified, destructive viruses that may be attached.
[*]If an infected email cannot be cleaned, it will be stripped and you will receive a message stating that the email could not be delivered to you due to a virus. [/list]

We are certain these new tools will help make your online experience more enjoyable. For more information please visit our Customer Support site for continuously updated information on our efforts to defeat spammers and enhance security.

Sincerely,

The Cox High Speed Internet Team

[/ QUOTE ]