120 Lumen Led Torch

Free

Enlightened
120Anyone know who makes this and if it could possibly produce 120 Lumens?? Sounds a bit exagerated to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

120 Lumen Led Torch

If no one has this or recomends against it, I may get it to be the guinea pig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a 5 watt LED, it should be around 120 lumens from the LED and slightly less coming out from the front of the torch.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
"generates up to 120 lumens"

Always beware when they use the words "up to"

"Despite the huge output the aluminum alloy case is lightweight and remains safe and cool to the touch."

Hmmm, lack of heatsinking? A good high power led torch with good heatsinking should not feel "cool" to the touch.

"utilizing Dynamic Lighting Effect technology...."

WTFO?

There are some positives that I can't ignore. It is regulated and the price is pretty good. What the heck, go for it and let us know what you think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Free

Enlightened
OK, I ordered one. I also found it for less under a different catalog code on the very same web site!!
HERE

At that price, I just couldn't pass it up.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoah, now that's pretty tempting! Nice work saving yourself 30 bucks! Give us a report when you get it. Heck, if you weren't as far north from me as you are, I'd ask to see it myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Free

Enlightened
I will let you know. I have lots of similarly sized lights to compare it to. I have Wayne's new XM-2 coming next week. I also have the Hyperlux V, and an FT-3C, 5W Streamlight, and of course the KL4.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Free said:
120Anyone know who makes this and if it could possibly produce 120 Lumens?? Sounds a bit exagerated to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

120 Lumen Led Torch

If no one has this or recomends against it, I may get it to be the guinea pig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Waiting to hear your results! This light has been under discussion in the LED forum, as well, here: 5W AXL-053L & Luxeon 5-watt LED Handtorch

Toward the end, there are links to some other threads, as well.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of these for arround 70 bucks some time ago to satisfy the curiosity of cpfers asking about it.
Frankly, it's surprisingly well made and comes with a set of duracell 123s; it has a set of well placed o'rings, the switch seems solid and the body looks tough.
Now in terms of performance, it's just sligthly brighter than my good old L4 but it's quite a bit larger and heavier than the L4. The beam quality isn't that great but for the price, I'm not complaining. Sorry I don't have a camera or can't steal my roommate's for the moment so I won't have any beamshots to offer.
I wasn't able to open that thing for some time because I don't have the right tools to (also because I lack the upper body strenght) but recently, I managed to break it open... ok fine, I asked my girlfriend to open it for me.
Inside, a V binned 5W luxeon on a thin heatsink with a regulation circuit underneath. For those who remember the original post, I speculated that it wasn't regulated but rather only resistored so there, I'm eating my words.
Finally, this light will end up doing the ultimate durability test as I'll give to my lil' sis along with half a brick of sf123s for her trip to the camp. If I get it back and if it still lights up, it will get thumbs up from me.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
I got one of these for arround 70 bucks some time ago to satisfy the curiosity of cpfers asking about it.
Frankly, it's surprisingly well made and comes with a set of duracell 123s; it has a set of well placed o'rings, the switch seems solid and the body looks tough.
Inside, a V binned 5W luxeon on a thin heatsink with a regulation circuit underneath.

[/ QUOTE ]

A regulated 5w "up to 120" lumen $59 LED flashlight? Have you had any opportunities for some additional comparisons/evaluation?

Free

Enlightened
I should get mine by the end of the week and will let you all know what I think.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
frankly I doubt it's 120 lumens, it's barelly brigther to the eye than my L4 which is rated 65 lumens.
I won't have the light for a few weeks so sorry, I won't be very usefull...
BTW, mine looks more like the 053 than the 253... I suppose they're the same inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
frankly I doubt it's 120 lumens, it's barelly brigther to the eye than my L4 which is rated 65 lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with treachery, at $59, 65 lumens is still a good bit brighter than the similarly priced Pelican M6 LED and the Streamlight TL-2. JimH remarked it "blew away" the SL TL-3. Dying to hear the reports after everyone's had a chance to play with them a bit...

Free

Enlightened
Just an update, I ordered this and paid for 2nd day air shipping.

UPS has lost track of the package, and Lifestyle Fascination refuses to send me another one until the complete UPS investigation is complete (at least 8 days).

So....I guess I won't be reviewing this any time soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Free said:

UPS has lost track of the package, and Lifestyle Fascination refuses to send me another one until the complete UPS investigation is complete (at least 8 days).

So....I guess I won't be reviewing this any time soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like mighty poor customer service on the part of Lifestyle Fascination. I have to wonder what their warranty policy (if any) is worth?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's 120 lumens or not, but it blows the socks off my SL TL-3 LED. I got one from Lifestle for $50. Liked it so much I got 2 more (unfortunately price had gone up to $60). For the price, I don't see how you can beat it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my L4 (one of my EDC), but this light has longer throw and longer burn time (more batteries - what would you expect). I keep one in each one of my vehicles.

Just thought I'ld throw my 2 cents worth in.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Free said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Free,

Waiting on your after-action report? Did you get it? How does it stack up?

Thanks.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Hey, it's LIFETSTYLE FASCINATION. I like the company (they helped a bunch of us with a real good price when I did the group buy on the 12-LED lanterns) but their ad copywriter is definitely on acid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
Re: 120 Lumen Led Torch and where to from here...

I just received their 5W 3x123 light we've been discussing and I couldn't be happier with the ~$68 spent (including shipping). GREAT throw (for an LED), nice flood. Short of stepping up to a big gun like the L4 (Field Marshall Von Wife would never approve the disbursement), I'm a happy camper. It's great for walking the dog late at night, btw.

Now I'm wondering, where to from here? Since joining this forum (about 30 days ago), I've picked up

Surefire G2
Streamlight Propolymer 3C LED (love the burn time)
Streamlight TT 2L (wife's car)
Princeton Tec Yukon HL headlamp (it's in the mail)
Nuwai 5W 3x123

I guess at some point I'll have to decide on a light for my car, if not just another TT2L (probably want to get something different, for its own sake).

Wouldn't mind a giant-killer keychain light.

And, I still wouldn't mind some kind of around-the-house big gun that's going to give me semi-decent burn time. Maybe a Princeton Tec Surge, but this new Nuwai is pretty bright, and the only substantive augmentation to my lighting "needs" now would be some sort of "tactical" nightstand light, like a TigerLight, maybe, though at that caliber of light, I'd like to see what all my options were in terms of run times...

Any thoughts?