Dorcy solid state poly 4-AA

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stingmon. Have you got one of these? A.K.A. coolblue. I don't know why they call it that, It's yellow.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
Stingmon. Have you got one of these? A.K.A. coolblue. I don't know why they call it that, It's yellow.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show me a picture of one, and I can probably tell you if I have it or not.
smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Quickbeam. I don't have a camera at this time.
frown.gif
Yes, that is it. I must politely disagree with the color. I went side by side on this torch with the Dorsy aluminium 4-AA. The aluminium has a blue cast to the beam but the poly 4-AA has a color closer to incandesant with no blue that I can disconcern. The two bulbs also look different when off.
confused.gif
Go figure.
shocked.gif
BTW, the aluminium is also labeled cool blue.
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two flashlights that I know of which go under the name of "Cool Blue".
I know one of them is essentially a Turtlelite 1 in new clothes, but I'm not sure what the other one is all about.

I have a Turtlelite 1 and the body for a Turtlelite 2 (no bulb) available.
My Turtlelite 2 has the same yellow body as the Dorcy light shown in the above photo does.

The 3-LED bulb from a Delta Light product works in the Turtle 2, but it burns exceptionally hot so I would only use it for a few seconds at a time. sure is bright though.
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the other Dorcy Cool Blue light is actually LEDCorp`s "Our Best Aluminum", I think I saw it with some catalogue or other that came with my Sauce LightWasher- looks just the same, except this time it actually is blue, I think. Or was it silver? Maybe it was black after all? I`m not sure, I was busy having fun with the LightWasher to take too much notice.

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I have a Turtlelite 1 and the body for a Turtlelite 2 (no bulb) available. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Craig - The T1 bulb performs much better in the T2. So fill that vacancy. The T1's normal beam is way to narrow for most purposes. When you put that bulb in the facetted reflector of the T2 the beam really improves.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compare the beam from either light side by side with an incandescent and you'll see the difference - that's why both LED lights are called "cool blue" - the beams are both blue tinted compared to incandescent flashlight beams.

BTW, Disagreeing with me doesn't bother me none
grin.gif
, the name came from some marketer in an office building somewhere, not me.......
tongue.gif