xikar knives

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
any of you have any experience and/or opinions of these knives? In particular I am looking at the Xikar extreme 188.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
They make cigar cutters and tools and I guess they just started making knives a couple years ago. I just got my extreme yesterday It seems like a very nice knife. Its well built and came sharp as hell. I guess check google or xikar.com

M

MeridianTactical

If you find one you like let me know as I can get the whole Xikar line, I just dont have them on my site yet except for the cutters and one knife

Chris

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me make a few "review" like comments about this knife. First I really like the odd blade geometry. Although it looks a bit funny this knife slices nicely and the tanto type tip works pretty well on little detail type tasks. This geometry (if not a copy of someone else)is worthy of imitation from a usefullness standpoint. The level of quality of the knife is certainly worthy of calling premium grade but it does have it's rough spots. This knife is very lite and due to it's oddly positioned and sized titanium clip, the extreme 188 disappears in my pocket. This may sound crazy but from a completely subjective 'feel' perspective I would say that the extreme is about as intrusive in my pocket as my kershaw chive, possibly less so. I really would have liked a heavier laquer or varnish finish on the cocobolo scales though. The knife is very sharp and I haven't used it enough to say anything about edge retention or durability but I earnestly believe it shouldn't have any real issue (other than perhaps the durability of the wood scales). Xikar warranty claims to be 'no nonsense' type with the obvious exclusion of abuse (prying etc.) and lifetime as well. I'd certainly buy another.

DOCSMYNAME

Newly Enlightened
xochi,
I have dealt with xikar warranty policy and have found the service to be excellent. BTW do not forget the blade show in Atlanta 1st. weekend in June Xikar will have a booth excellent show specials.
DOC