About new Leadlight

Naquadah

Newly Enlightened
Hi! i have purchased a few days ago a GLP-105 from Arnold, and i would like to know how can i difference between the new Leadlights and the old ones, and the main differences (advantages and so)
Thanks

abeland1

Enlightened
The newer model Leadlights have a red LED near the "on" button that is lit when the laser is on. These new models have additional circuitry called APC (automatic power control) that limits the output power to under 5mW. They are also slightly longer to accomodate the extra circuitry. I doubt that I would send one of these to a CPF member.

greenlasersrule

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
abeland1 said:
The newer model Leadlights have a red LED near the "on" button that is lit when the laser is on. These new models have additional circuitry called APC (automatic power control) that limits the output power to under 5mW. They are also slightly longer to accomodate the extra circuitry. I doubt that I would send one of these to a CPF member.

[/ QUOTE ]

i brought one of the supposidly new leadlight 105's from abeland1 of ebay and it doesnt have a red led on it. its a real nice laser though all the same

Naquadah

Newly Enlightened
I also bought it from ebay, so when it arrives i will look if it is longer and if it has a LED on it