M4 Body?

ianb

Enlightened
a couple of questions

I have an L6 and a KT4, though the KT4 is getting little use as I like the L6 so much. I would like to know if M4 or M6 body's come up for sale?
If they do what would I be looking at paying for one?

many thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've yet to see either of those bodies for sale, since SF have stopped selling bodies on their own. I'd start saving up for a complete M4 or M6 if i were in your shoes. You can always sell the KT4.

ianb

Enlightened
ahh well, it was worth asking, I might try a wanted advert for the hell of it,

thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ian, you can also get an A19 extender for about $25.00 and put it on your L6 body...voila! 4x123!

Britt

ianb

Enlightened
Thanks Britt, thats another idea I am toying with, but I love the L6 and I always want to use it! Though this looks to be the only option for he moment,

thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TonyBPD

Enlightened
Right now I have a Z3 + A19 with a SRTH Turbo head and a MN61 LA and a 9P + A19 with a KT2 Turbo Head and a MN60 LA. Both VERY nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

ianb

Enlightened
Yes, maybe I will have to make one up if I can't get a whole body, thanks, Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ian, I just missed Grandpajack's sale of a brand new M4 on B/S/T for ~ $250. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think one could buy the whole light and then sell the head here and recoup some of the investment. I think it would still have you spending about $120-140 for the body though.

Tony, I recently bought a Z3 and love it. It's so clean without the clip and feels good in my hand. With the G2 and G2Z (both without clips) being such hits, I wonder if a a G3 or G3Z could eventually show up.

Back to topic, maybe a G4 ! Don't know about the thermal issues, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Britt

ianb

Enlightened
What would thermal issues be? Do certain bodys heat up too much? What alternatives to make up a 4 cell surefire are there?
What is the difference between the 12pm and an M4(apart from bezel(I have a KT4) and HA III)?
questions, questions, questions, sorry Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
You ask very good questions, Ian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

But they are very quickly exposing my ignorance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

"Thermal shutdown" is one. The lamp shuts off because of heat building up. Once it cools down, generally, it will light up again. Would someone please explain thermal shutdown for Ian and me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I haven't had this occur with my "G3" running a P91 lamp. I do have a glass lens, though. I think it would ruin a stock plastic lens pretty quickly.

Britt

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 12PM shares the same bezel thread size as the C/P series, while the M4 uses the larger Millenium bezel size.
Overall, the 12PM is a bit more compact and lighter than the M4.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Britt,

Thermal shutdown occurs because of the battery's internal protection. It's not because the lamp is getting too hot. The manufacturers implemented that protection to prevent batteries from exploding due to excessive temperature.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Nerd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're all here to share and to learn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif