Cera-Titan??!!!?!?!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any of you heard of this new blade material from boker?
It is supposedly titanium impregnated with very hard metals and ,the name of the stuff wants me to say , ceramics. Near ceramic edgeholding/corrosion resistance with the sharpenability/ flexibility of a good hard blade steel.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
We have a buncha Boker ceramics in the kitchen, can't say enough about'em (except "don't drop them") and I had their largest black-bladed ceramic folder (forget the name now, but not the little one, this one had a pocket clip) although I sold it because for an EDC I had to use it in tasks inappropriate for a brittle blade. This new material seems to solve that concern...

dark star

Enlightened
I'm interested in this Cera-titan too. I've been looking for any review on the net, but have not come up with anything. My guess is that if you really need corrosion resistance its a good choice, otherwise D2 steel or something like it would be a better all around choise. I'm interested if cera-titan can take a razer edge and hold it like the best steels.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's supposed to hold and edge MUCH better than the best steels. Yet it isn't as hard as the best steel therefor it is more flexible. To be honest it's starting to sound like the Yeti of blade materials but that's what I've been reading. They say you can put a wicked edge on it using the same sharpeners as steel as well.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also read that silver is one of the 'powders' that the titanium is impregnated with. Weird doo doo , huh? I saw a blurb on it in this months tactical knives.