Custom military angle-head flashlight??

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a funny idea earlier...First, I should say that I know very little (err...nothing) about doing custom or modified flashlights. That's why I'm asking the pros here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify a military angle-head flashlight (mine happens to be a Fulton MX-991\U)
with an array of 1w LED's. The flashlight as it is is just plain anemic compared to my other flashlights.

Could this be done? What would be the approximate cost? What batteries would you need to use?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...it was just a fun idea I had. It would be really fun to go to basic training and pull that bright beast out at fireguard with a blue lens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought I might take my royal blue CMG Infinity to use for this, but this would be so much more fun. I suppose I'd need a glass lens instead of the included plastic ones. The reason I'd like to mod the Fulton is I'd sort of have to sneak the Infinity in...the Fulton angle-head flashlight is really the only type that is "authorized".

Thanks for any ideas...if anyone's keen on doing a mod like this, that's great too!

JM-99

Latest posts