'N" Cell Arc AAA Body

Jets22

Enlightened
\'N\" Cell Arc AAA Body

I love my Arc AAA but wanted something a little shorter and also the newer stand up tail.. I also wanted a two piece body for easy battery swaps..(not that much right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Anyways, I machined these bodies and am happy with the results.. The knurl is heavier but very nice in the hands, the body is two piece and has the newer stand up tail design with split ring hole. I have some more shots in the group buy area but here is a couple web page web page web page web page
I polished out a AAA head to match in the photos..

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \'N\" Cell Arc AAA Body

That looks great ! !
There are also rechargeable 2/3 aaa batts that may also work when you find a slowpoke charger to bring back that battery to life.

Jets22

Enlightened

PEU...Always wanted a smaller N cell Arc myself.. Makes a great light even better..
3rd shift: thanks for the link

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey 3rd shift, as I said in the Elektrolumens forum, I went ahead and bought the nimh c's and the vanson universal charger from amondotech (thanks again), I'm wondering how this charger would do with battlepack 500mah ncells (nimh). I've got some radio shack adapters that allow the n cell to fit a AAA or AA slot. Any info would be a boon cuz 'I is ign'ant' when it comes to chargers and cells. TIA

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have had good success charging some very old rad shack 360mah nimh n cells in that vanson charger thus far for my 3x n cell ledlenser v2 powerchip beltclip lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Where in the freakin world did you find those batts and adapters?
I'd love to get those.
At present, I'm using some home engineered cut off beercans for adaptors and would love the higher capacity 500s you have for my other 4 ledlenser lights.

In fact, you may as well post a new thread in batteries included forum just for those, since millions of N cell lights have already been made and sold and used until the stock n cell alkalines pooped out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

edit a few minutes later;
I just got 9 500mah N cells from there at;

http://www.battlepack.com/loosecells.asp
Great heads up there xochi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Which one of us did it the hard way? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool.. How much will these be?

Brian

Jets22

Enlightened

You da man!!! I actually started out modding the arc body myself.. I tried to section the back and make it two piece as the new body is done.. used a super fine micro thread pitch.. Was working until I took it out of the chuck..... and it was like tin-foil. LOL , just not enough meat to use the factory body and make it two piece ..50 thousandths more and it would of been great..I opted to do the whole new body..I really wanted the two piece and a little more wall thickness to make the threads durable in the tail. You and Don are the kings in my book...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

The little sucker served me very well! (Up until the NLS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Btw;
You actually wont miss a thing as far as runtime goes with that handy mod.
N cells and aaa cells actually have identical mah runtime ratings!
Same capacity as AAA in a shorter and slightly fatter cell!
Good job.

Jets22

Enlightened

3rd shift...Thanks for the info..smaller and same run-time..what more could you want..I'm liking the new body more and more