Super Baby Pin - Custom Sheath

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
THANKS Britt! This is the custom sheath made for me by a friend of Britt's, "Back Room Leather". Not only does it exhibit exquisite quality and craftsmanship in a rugged sort of way, but it holds the light with juuuuust the right amount of tension so it doesn't slip out from gravity yet permits reasonably easy draw, probably even smoother and more so when fully broken in:

Sheath%20Closed%20Front.jpg

Sheath%20Closed%20Side.jpg

Sheath%20Open%20Front.jpg

Sheath%20Open%20Side.jpg

Sheath%20Stamp.jpg

Note the extra wide belt loop - it's been the EDC of choice on my duty belt at work every day these past coupla weeks (hence the scratched up brass snap). The best news is that this guy will make Custom sheaths for just about anything, and my VIP shall be next.

Although I prefer to carry spare batteries in my car which I always have within walking distance (duh...) you can have a sheath made with a tube formed alongside the light for one or two spare 123s, etc. But y'all will have to contact Britt (BC0311) directly, I'm just a very satisfied end user...

Thanks again Britt!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can very easily see that as duty use. The SBP reminds me of a peper spray can, and almost as effective on the eyes! (almost). heh.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Charlie. I'm particularly happy it's serving you well. Nothin' but the best for Mr. Bulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Ryder's sheaths have served me and others very well in the tropics and in the South Texas chapparal.

The sheath is fully lined. The bottom of the male half of the snap is covered (invisibly) so you don't have to be concerned with it scratching your light.

Lots of fellahs prefer sheaths made from modern materials nowadays for good reasons. I'm just a sucker for quality leather.

I had Ron make a couple of sheaths for my McLux PR/E2Es and they should arrive in a few days:
standard.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sheath in the photo I posted above is the basic design for the handful of VIP sheaths I'm having made up.

The purpose of the cross-strap in addition to the snap is to keep "wait-a-minutes" and brush from unsnapping the sheath. A major complaint of mine about most snap flap gear in the deep weeds.

On the VIP sheaths, the flap will be rounded and won't have the impressed line detail on the flap.

I am talking to Ron today about using drum-dyed black leather and not molding the pocket to the light as tightly. For him to get a tight mold he has to use veggie tanned undyed leather and dye it once the sheath is assembled.

We're also talking about Kydex sheaths for the VIP. I don't like Kydex because it scrubs the finish on knives as well as lights. Atleast out in the field where you get grit inside the sheath.

I've heard from one CPFer already who is interested in sheaths for his SBP and VIP. I was sorry to explain that it'll be atleast a month before Ron will be ready to accept orders for the VIP sheaths (I have to get him a "slug" first).

Hopefully he'll be able to accept orders for SBP sheaths in a couple of days.

As soon as I get the go-ahead, I'll post contact links on this thread.

Hopefully I'll have price ranges later today.

What do you fellahs not like about these leather sheaths or would want different?

My ideas are not going to be desireable for alot of people.

Britt

Latest posts