SureFire clickie switch getting stuck...

Pyloncones

Newly Enlightened
I recently got the L4 with the clickie switch. But i noticed that it is unltra sensitive, even to the slightest touch the light will turn on. Not always a bad thing, but i'm afraid that it might start turning on in my pocket unkowingly. I don't want to have to turn the switch so that its locked out because i know its not made in a way where i MUST do that in order to put it in my pocket.

Anyways, in addition to that, sometimes when i have the clickie down, and then i unclick it, the light stays down. This happens quite frequently. Has anyone had this problem? Or know how to fix it? I'm thinking i might have to call SureFire on Monday but i just wanted to check to see if anyone here has experienced this before.

-Pylon

Pyloncones

Newly Enlightened
Nope, doesn't help. I've messed around with different postions on the screw for hours with no results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
If the light stays on, it could be one of two things,

1) The metal plunger is hung up on something. It could be a small piece of somthing inside the black plastic center-post or it could be the metal tabs that push inward, just barely visible through the slots.

2) The cam on the click mechanism is hung up. That can be caused by a weak spring or insufficient travel in the mechanism as well as crud in the mechanism.

I'm sure there are other possibilities. Unless you want to break through the loctite to dis-assemble the tailcap, Al's suggestion is the best: call Surefire.

Daniel

Kiessling

Flashaholic
had the exact same problem with one of my Z57s ... it got bnetter over time, but the mod performed by LitFuse just made it right. It has the right resistance now and won't get stuck anymore AND the high electrical rersistance is removed, too.
bernhard