Surefire Z49 click switch problems

cthomasian

Newly Enlightened
So I bought a Z49 click switch from Product Wizard and it did not seem to work. I e-mailed Surefire Friday and they said 7-10 days for repair, no repleacement, even though it was not working out of the bag. E-mailed Product Wizard Friday, have not heard back. So it's Sunday, watching Nascar with that switch staring at me, mocking me. So I figure it's not that expensive and I could always send it to Surefire.

So out of the bag it works like a twist switch with no momentary option. I played with for a while the click swithc does nothing. I look inside it and there is black platic circle behind the spring. I grab a needle nose and turn it clockwise and it tightens. Try ti again and it sorta works as a momentary. tighten some more and i hear a click, sounded bad. tried it and it clicked on but would not return to clcik off. Went backa nd turn it counterclockwise and it clicked back to off position. Tried again and it work prefectly fine now.

So my question is when possibly overtightened it, did I damage it? Has anyone here ever taken one completely apart? If so do you have pictures?

EDIT:
Well I still haven't heard from Product Wizard. And well the switch now has amind of it's own comes on by itself etc. So back to Surefire for repair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks,