Advice Required

S

smudge167

as a total newbie i'm after some advice. Do any of you have any recommendations for a good torch that also functions as a lantern, also where can i get one..

smudge

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bright are you looking for? I'm only aware of a few Energizer lantern/torch combinations, but something you that might be worth considering is getting a good torch, and then a diffusion cone or the like to "transform" it into a lanten.

-Mike

sidespill

Enlightened
Nuwai makes nice flashlights with a short flourescent lamps? However any flashlight that can stand on its tail and the bezel unscrews can be used as both. Just like an electric candle. That would be an easy fix, not sure if that's what you're looking for. I have the energizer flashlight/strobelight/flourescent combo that i use while installing car audio stuff.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Coleman Flashlight/Lantern which is pretty nice. Runs off of 4AAs. You extend the body to expose the bulb through some plastic, and when you comrpess it and pushes the bulb up to the reflector. Seems pretty well made.

It's just a plain incandescent bulb though....I wonder if an EverLED would work in it. IIRC, I think it has a reverse tip, but I'm not positive on that one.