SureFire E2E-BK ? real or myth ?

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
Quick question.
My dad would like to get a surefire E2e but would like it in the black color. my cataloge is from 2003 and it shows that color as a option and lists it as a E2E-BK. I have looked high and low and can not find sutch a beastie in that color. I did find the mean looking E2D-BK but thats Not what I was looking for. Was this E2E-BK ever made ? or was it discontinued? any info would be helpfull.
Thanks

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a photo of one:
standard.jpg

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have one... they are a very cool looking light. Finding them was not hard for a while, and then they became very rare. You still see one every now and then, but they usually bring top dollar.

-Mike

naromtap

Enlightened
I have a black E2e and yes it is discontinued, but I never quite understood why a colour as common as black would be ceased or a limited run, unless it was to give the E2D more impact when it arrived?!

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I was unable to sell my dad on a E2D, as He has no need for impact weapons when He allready has ones that throw copper and lead. I did sell him on a normal E2E, now it's Me that would like a E2E-BK I whent to the other B/S/T link from Frenchyled but I did not see that light for sale ?
I was also hopeing to get something off ebay but after shipping charges I might as well get one direct.
I might be in the market for a L4 5 watt luxeon. any one have one? do they like it?
Thanks for the input!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
For those who prefer a black LOTC or clickie tailpiece rather than the blood & guts version there are a few options: a semi-gloss black HAII tail which I personally find aesthetically displeasing, not to mention the mismatch with the HAIII body, or a HAIII natural tailpiece. There may also be the possibility of stripping and re-anodizing with HAIII black, though I can't confirm that.

Brightnorm