• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired VIP Reflectors

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you that don't know what this is about, check out the thread in the modified lights section entitled "Reflectored VIP."

OK, here goes.

If you want an S017XA reflector for your VIP, I'll need you to send a payment. The amount is $11 plus 50 cents, if you want an o-ring. This will include first class shipping in a padded envelope. This is with the understanding that if the total number of orders doesn't reach 100, I'll post stating such and the purchasers of this reflector will PayPal an extra dollar. This will be done on an honor system. For those of you that are outside of the Continental U.S., I'll ship to you too, but you'll pay actual shipping. Just PM me BEFORE you place your order so that I can check shipping costs and give you a total.

If you are using an account transfer via PayPal, send the payment to [email protected]

If you are using a credit card via PayPal, send the payment to [email protected]

Please be sure to send the payment to the right email address.

After you have sent payment, PM me with, VIP Reflector in the subject line, and your name, CPF handle, and address. Also include the number that you want and you'll have to specify whether you want the o-rings or not. If there is no mention of o-rings, you won't get them.

I don't want to sound like a weinie or anything, but for you guys that are thinking about it, I really don't know that there will be a second run of these. I'm just doing it because I got really excited about this VIP that I had the honor of playing with, and I'm going with the moment. If you want one, get it now. I don't know if there will be any left at this price.

OK, let's see how it goes.

***Another Edit***

OK guys, the orders are starting to roll in and I've just realized that PayPal charges 2.9% PLUS 30 cents. This comes to about 63 cents per transaction. Since I didn't mention it before, I won't make it a requirement, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys using credit cards would split the fee with me and add 30 cents to your payment.

***Edit***

OK, I've been checking postage. It seems that a small padded envelope is just that, a small envelope. I believe that the postage is $5 for Global Priority (4-6 days). That's what I've been charging anyway. I've checked postage to Germany, The UK, and Singapore and they all came up to $5, so I guess that's it. So, if you are ordering internationally, add $4, that's $4 to your order to cover postage.

I only ask that, if you receive the package and see that postage was more than $5, then PP me the balance on the postage.

***EDIT***

OK guys,

I've been informed that IMS, the makers of the SO17XA reflector, is releasing a new reflector and that the old reflector is being phased out. I sent an email to IMS last week and still haven't received a response.

The mod that I worked out on the VIP was with an SO17XA reflector. I don't know if the new reflector will work. If it will, it just might be a drop in proposition. Like I said, I don't know. I'm already getting PM's asking if I will be using the new reflector.

The short answer is this, no I will not be using the new reflector. I'm saying this for two reasons. First, I haven't been able to source them. I'll try, but I don't know. Secondly, even if I can source them, I don't know that they will need modification. If they do need modification, I don't know what will be involved. The pics of them indicate that they cannot be chucked in a lathe, so any modifications will likely need to be done by hand, and I'm not going to do this at the rate that I got for the reflectors. If they don't need modification, then I way overcharged for the reflectors that were ordered from me, when there might be a better alternative out there that doesn't need modding.

I can see that this could get to be a real issue. I'm sure that many will feel ripped off knowing that they might have been a less expensive way to go about getting a reflector that may have worked better. At the time that all of this started, I had no idea that IMS was going to be releasing a new reflector.

In anticipation of doing this, I've already spent almost $50 on o-rings and I've also gotten 10 boxes of padded envelopes to cover this venture, so that I could get things out quickly, once the reflectors got here. From a seller's point of view, I suppose I could just say that you'll get what you ordered, but I have mixed feelings about that.

I like to think that I have a good reputation on CPF and I'm not willing to jeopardize that. Although this will probably cause a paperwork nightmare, this is what I'm considering doing.

I'm thinking that I might just go down the line in my PayPal accounts and refund all of the money, including any PayPal fees that were paid. This way, everyone gets their money back and they can get the newer reflectors. Where you will be able to get them, I don't know, but this is one bull that I am not grabbing by the horns again. At this point, I'm willing to cut my losses and just call it a learning experience.

I'd like some feedback on what I'm proposing. I would like to go ahead and finish what was started, but don't want any bad feelings because of this. Please don't PM me about this; just post your opinion.

KingSmono

Enlightened
PM/Paypal Sent. Thanks!

PS I hope I followed all the steps! Kind've reminded me of that Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld... LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Chop just to let you know, us Hawaiians and them Alaskans are 'Murrican people too...shipping, especially just first-class, should be the same. A 37-cent (or however much it is for a larger padded envelope) stamp will get the same envelope delivered whether from San Francisco to San Diego, or Waikiki to Worcester...I swear!

Okay will step down off my rant box now, but us Hawaiians (and them Alaskans -- ain't dat right, Sigman???) are all part of the U.S.!

Phil_B

Enlightened
Chop,could you post the price for one reflector,one "O" ring,and shipping to the UK.
I'll PP you (non CC) that amount to order it then.
Thanks mate,Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
PP/PM sent in wrong order for Reflector and O-Ring. Sorry for not reading the instructions carefully, please let me know amount due for shipping [including PP Fees].

- Dave

Kiessling

Flashaholic
paypal sent!
thanx a lot for this!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tony,

I've had an SF A2 in the old smaller box which fits into the $5 Global Priority envelope sent to me from the States before so I think there shouldn't be any worry that the international postage will be more than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

C'mon guys, we need to hit a hundred orders on this. Where are all the other 300+ VIP buyers?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Cheers,
Cyril