Uniqe Titanium

Thread: time for a custom sheath from whom?

Flashaholic*

Default time for a custom sheath from whom?

Now that I have a new VIP prototype and and HA VIP on the way, it's time to find a custom sheath of some kind to carry this in. I would like to have something designed that could also carry an extra 3 volt lithium backup battery as well but in the smallest form factor. But primarily I'm looking for something special and cost is not a major concern, not when spending money on "flashlight art" form Mr Bulk.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: time for a custom sheath from whom?

keithhr,

I am looking for the same thing, and I am sure that we are not alone. I really like the performance and features of the VIP, but in my situation - for it to become an EDC - I must come up with a way to carry it on a business belt.

If I have to, I will make my own by molding wet leather around the VIP and battery. I have done this before to make sheaths for my home-made knives.

We used to have Tandy Leather shops locally, but they are all gone now - so, I will have to click on my Google link and start the search for tools and materials. I also might find a local craftsman.

So, here is another money-making opportunity for someone.

Good luck, and let us know if you find something. I will do the same. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Chuck

Contact Dave:

http://hometown.aol.com/lifter4him1/.../business.html

Makes some of the best leather sheaths around.

Gary Graley aka "G2" is widely known for his custom leather sheaths too. He also has some nice torches but doesn't show the sheaths here.

Gary's home page

--Bob