a polymer sheath for your arc-aaa? want one?

napalm-2002

Enlightened
i contacted onscene tactical to make a sheath for our arc-aaa.

anyone who wants one post so we can see if we can get a price break or see the demand for it...
smile.gif
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/keytags.jpg
for a pic of the possible sheath.

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Put me down for one.

This would make for versatile carry. Anyone familiar with kydex knife sheaths and holsters can attest to how good this stuff is. A kydex "holster" for you arclight will allow you to carry it on your keychain or wear it around your neck. The advantage here is that you could easily seperate it from your keychain or necklace and use the flashlight.

I will also vouch for the quality of work that Normark does.

KenBar

Enlightened
How much is it approx?
What keeps the flashlight "in" ...friction?
I would like one.

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys...

Dennis..Good to see you here..
Thanks for the HeadZup...

Napalm..Seen your e-mail,,will get back to you tonight or early tomorrow AM..

As far as the keytag rigs go,,I'm not sure if the Solitare rig will fit the Arc or not..

These rigs are pretty tight fitting,,so there isn't much from to play with..

If you guys want some of these..The Solitare has been Very popular..
I will go about making a bunch up...

Only one problem...
I need an Arclight...

Napalm..I think you were considering trading me for an Arclight ??

We can possibly work that out...

Lets see where this goes..Need to get my hands on one and get it into the shop and fiddle..

I think you will find these rigs very handy,,from neck rigs to keytags,,they allow you to remove the light and use it like it was meant to...

Thanks again Dennis for the HeadZup...

ttyle

Eric E. Noeldechen

napalm-2002

Enlightened
thanks everyone.
please keep posting here so that we can see how many we need.

gransee do you think you could send him one.
if not (which is totally fine) i will send him my only one.it will hurt but i will do it for the sake of all of our arclights.

i believe these holsters to be totally kick a$$.for the lack of a better term.

cool.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
And if you make the sheath longer, as to cover most of the Arc's body, it'll keep it from being scratched by your keys as well.

YC

Doug

Enlightened
A price break? Aren't they $9? How much more could they possibly cut the price?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
i contacted onscene tactical to make a sheath for our arc-aaa.

anyone who wants one post so we can see if we can get a price break or see the demand for it...
smile.gif
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/keytags.jpg
for a pic of the possible sheath.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug

Enlightened
Looks like the light would fall right out of the sheath.... and if it is tight enough to stay in the holder, I find it hard to believe that it can even be pulled out with any ease .... but, then again, I do not believe I have ever touched this material ... so, what is it like? I guess it would have to be like leather, but with out all the brothers leather has (shape/size chaning as it gets wet/dry)???

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shootist16:
Put me down for one.

This would make for versatile carry. Anyone familiar with kydex knife sheaths and holsters can attest to how good this stuff is. A kydex "holster" for you arclight will allow you to carry it on your keychain or wear it around your neck. The advantage here is that you could easily seperate it from your keychain or necklace and use the flashlight.

I will also vouch for the quality of work that Normark does.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Count me in as well. Would these sheaths hug the Arc tightly or would there be some sort of locking/clicking mechanism?
It seems like it would work great when your keys are in the ignition. You could simply pull it out to use it. I can't wait to get one.

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Taken from http://www.kydex.com :

"KYDEX is an extremely durable acrylic/PVC alloy extruded in a range of colors, patterns, textures, thicknesses, and grades to optimize long-term performance, appearance, and cost effectiveness across demanding and diverse end-use applications."

napalm-2002

Enlightened
im sorry guys what i meant about the price break was merely that if we got anough orders maybe he would ship them to one of us and we could distribute them.mainly because he is in canada and i dont know what the shipping would cost?

get it?

post and let me know.
smile.gif

i cant wait for mine put me down for four!!!!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, I will be sending Eric at On Scene Tactical Products an Arc-AAA next week. He will build some sheaths for it to see how well they fit.

He said the knurling might present a problem but we will see.

Peter Gransee

KenBar

Enlightened
I bet the sheath would work great for the Arc LS. The two look made for each other.

I agree about the knurling. I don't think it will work properly....after a few times. I sure like the knurling nevertheless. One handed operation is a snap.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those worried about whether the Kydex sheath would hold the Arc securely-

I used to make knives, and I made most of my sheaths out of Kydex; and properly made, there would be no problems with security, and the knurling should cause no problems-

I also made some "mini-pistol" holsters out of the stuff, no "latching mechanism" or anything, and guns and knives were always held securely, even in inverted carry positions, even if you were running, rappelling or bouncing around.

So, this is a good idea--

mikep

Enlightened
Wow, what a coincidence! Just yesterday my brother gave me one of the 'keytag' sheaths for my leatherman micra-it's really nicely done. He had also gotten one for his mag solitaire, so I tested my arc and it did fit (though more tightly than on the mag). The sheath is molded in the shape of the back of the solitaire, so I'm sure most flashaholics would prefer one molded specifically to the arc.
Hey, Eric, I believe when you posted pics of your 'keytags' on bladeforums a while back, I posted the suggestion that you may want to make up some for the Arc.
smile.gif
I didn't follow up with an email, though.
One thing I was wondering- is there some sort of clip that could be attached to the sheath? I don't like how a clip put on the Arc can slide back and forth, so I thought a clip screwed onto the sheath would be really handy

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of ordering an LE. The thing I'd want from the little holster, I think, is for the light to fit in lamp-first. I don't care at all about scratches on the body of a flashlight, and worry even less about HA. But with an open LED/reflector, I do worry about scratches there. If the sheath would cover the LED and reflector, I'd be sold.

Note that kydex is a soft material, so kydex itself will not scratch your Arc AAA or Arc LE. However, since kydex is soft, sometimes little particles can get inside it and embed a bit. When that happens, the particle can scratch the finish of something like an Arc AAA, unless you keep it a little clean in there. I don't think there are any worries with the LE, although as I said, I don't care about scratches either way.

Joe

PS The relationship between candlepowerforums and Arc is amusing. I can't imagine casually asking another manufacturer, "hey, could you ship so-and-so a free one?", much less being so certain that the manufacturer would jump at doing so. Good stuff!

Latest posts