ever think of takeing ya own life?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sometimes i get so sad.i cant tell know one.but it drags on.i think of stuff how i doubt it will inprove.things lately been getting worst.

Greta

Flashaholic
raggie... what would we do without you? ... ya gotta stick around buddy... we need to know if you ever catch the rest of those damn ostriches. We're here for you Eddie... never forget that...
grouphug.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, Man. Don't say that. Don't even think it.

I wish I knew some way to make you feel better, but I've never been good at that kind of thing.

I'll just say that if you DO take that final step, then the whole world loses, and the buttheads win. You don't want that to happen do you?

Hang in there buddy.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's the last decision you would ever be able to make...I'm sticking around for the party - "good or bad"! My time will come eventually, but I'm not going to "leave early".

Who knows what could happen tomorrow? Gotta have the bad to appreciate the good! Life isn't "...and they lived happily ever after", it's a series of ups & downs. When the good times come, you can look back and laugh at the past and appreciate that they have passed. Sure bad times will find a way to bug you again, but time heals and nothing on this earth is for ever...except for leaving.

I'm staying, going to make the best of it and bug those who bug me!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Thank you sasha i think of it.but my religen dont care for it much.I just get down sometimes. The news today took me down hard.And this week i read how some people think Pat Tillman desevered what he got.im not that strong that i can listen to that .I only hope some day i can be half the man he can be.He gave so much for what he belived in.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Thank you every one.I just let this stuff take me down to far!When i saw the news this pm.It took all i had.Hect i type better when im upset.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
I've had that that thought once in a while. But theres something thats keeping me here.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]ya stay here freind im glad ya stayed!

GeoffChan

Enlightened
my last job sucked the big time. I hated every moment i was there, it just sucked my will to to live. The idea of slashing my wrists in front of a security camera.

Something clicked and I left that job, doing a job that i never ever wanted to do, but anything is better than being there...

I'm now in a better place where one of my perks is that i can sit in #cpf and watch Candlepowerforums between 9.00 am and 5.00 PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Geoff

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
raggie. Is this an idle musing or could this be serious?????? If this is any more than a "logical" discussion and there are ANY feelings involved. PLEASE GET HELP!!
I'll admit, I've thought about it. I suspect most people do.
Do you know the geeky guy in high school that nobdody really knew and that everybody loved to make fun of??? Well, here I am 30 years later. People still can't figure out what to think of me. Tuff. My geekiness makes me unique. I have gifts given to me by my creator that few people can even begin to understand. WE ALL DO.
One night a few years ago I was feeling particularly bummed. I decided to have a couple drinks to "relax a little". It wasn't a couple hours later I was writing notes to everybody I knew so they could read them after I was gone. Finally, I decided to read the notes "tomorrow" and if they still made sense, I would probably do someting in the next week or so. Turns out, they didn't make a lot of sense. That planted a seed in my mind and soul. Over the next few weeks and months, I began to appreciate who I am and what I CAN do in this life. I'm still a geek. People still can't figure out what to think of me. The good part is I'm not (anymore) carrying around guilt simply because I'm alive. I hope this helps.
Fester

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck Raggie... I was afraid that it was all the troubles you and your family have gone through the last year or so that was causing this.

What I said earlier goes double now. If you let them get to you they win. Most of the media WANT to get the good people to despair, to give up, and that is one of the reasons that they slant their coverage the way they do.

I get furious at the media and the stupid people in the world. When it gets really bad, I just turn off the news, turn off the computer and go camping for a couple of days.

You might try that instead of something permanent.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
raggie,

You are sad and depressed it sounds from the pain and suffering you see and hear about. How about balancing this with watching some children playing or young animals. Look around you at all of the new life that is springing up. Nature can renew itself and does. You can renew your optimisim and hope and joy. Plant some seeds like the seeds of kindness you have planted here on CPF. Watch them grow! A crop may be destroyed but another crop can spring up in its place.

I have considered the relief of taking my life on a number of ocassions. I have had migraine headaches where I would have welcomed a "lead" pill. I had a kidney stone that had me calling uncle as well. Certainly there are times when the peace and lack of pain in death would be prefered to the pain at the moment. The key is that the pain at the moment will not last. Death does; probably for a long time!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty everyone i just get odd sometimes.this week was messed up for me!and today it took the cake!i saw the news today. as amany of ya saw .i didnt take it well.but it apears im liked .That means a lot to me!What i think ill do is just take a short nap.if the worst is what is in store for me the news i saw yesterday was true.but at least i have freinds like ya all.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raggie,

Everybody gets down once in awhile. Especially over news such as todays. But we are very luck to have a forum with great people, I think it shows there are a lot of wonderful people that make up this world. It's the help from one another that gives us strength every day. Raggie, whenever you're feelin' down, remember there are many times that you help us out. A big thanks. Hang in there buddy.

cy

Flashaholic
Raggie, There are lots of questions a proffessional will ask, but have you been depressed continously for over 2 weeks?

If the answer is yes, you need to seek a doctor ASAP. There are anti-depression medications available that hopefully will help.

Stefan

Enlightened
Raggie, I felt that way too not to long ago. You feel as if you don't want to let anyone else know what is going wrong, and hide it deep inside. You have to let people who care about you know about this feeling. For instance, I told my dad, and he immediately suggested I make a doctors' appointment. Even though they could be costly to visit, they are professionals that are there to help. Trust me, they will listen. The anti-depression meds work, but some of them take time to show improvement.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Raggie, There are lots of questions a proffessional will ask, but have you been depressed continously for over 2 weeks?

If the answer is yes, you need to seek a doctor ASAP. There are anti-depression medications available that hopefully will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Medications will do nothing more then suppress his feelings, good and bad. Who wants to live like that? Why is everyone looking for a quick fix? There is no quick fix. Sometimes you just have to tough it out. Like our country is doing right now.

Raggie is plenty heathy. At least he has the guts to express his true feelings with honesty. That is more then I can say about most of the people in this country.

Raggie, live long and prosper, but most of all, don't take no poop from anyone.

evanlocc

Enlightened
Always carry a flashlight with you, whenever feeling down light it up and that why you make it an EDC.

Steady man, that the reason you r here.!

May the light be with you.

OMNPMO

Negeltu

Enlightened
Actually Nitro.. Meds are needed in many instances. As far as masking how someone truly feels....well...How do we know that the way a person is feeling is not due to an imbalance of the chemicals in the brain? Low seratonin levels? Just because I feel something doesn't mean it is healthy for me to feel that way. If someone is feeling out of control...or feels the need to do harm to themselves or others.. and therapy isn't helping..then meds are often needed. No need to discount medication or demonize it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Raggie,
I think you're a great guy. Try not to let other peoples sour feelings influence your well being. If you find that difficult... don't be ashamed to seek help. We all need help sometime.