New Toy in Town

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Picked up one of these a couple days ago. Fascinating (although its been said it never took much to keep me entertained). Works well but the controller is a bit complicated and hard for ol' weakeyes here to see.

Tried loading the commands into my PDA with it's IR remote program ( Pacific Neo-Tek OmniRemote), peace at last.. Works fine, now I can send commands as a single click and write and store Robo's programs in the PDA and run them as macros instead of having to key them in manually.

Neat toys (both the Robosapien and the OmniRemote program) that could use a look-see...

Greymage

Enlightened
Thanks for the pointer, it looks really cool! Ordered one from BestBuy... wonder how long it will survive in the hands of 6 year olds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
That looks neat.
[ QUOTE ]
A full function fast moving robot minion suitable for all your world domination needs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just what I need...

Greymage

Enlightened
They were in stock at Best Buy, picked one up today.

It is pretty cool, the kids love it... at least for the next couple of days. It looks like a real robot, is pretty stable, and does cool tricks. Grunts, whistles, dances... also says "Ouch" when the kids knock it over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif. I think it was a mistake for them to put karate moves in, though, the kids want to karate it back.

I don't think it's in the same class as the real Japanese robots - I thought they might have come up with a different approach to balance and walking, but it looks as if they mostly got around the problem by giving the robot really big feet and a low center of gravity.

It does have red LEDs for eyes and amber LEDs in its hands, so I guess when the kids get bored with it you can turn it into a walking multi-Luxeon platform /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif