Most Light for $15.00-Total?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Offered by www.ccrane.com @$14.95-
shipping included (item-WCL) is the 3 LED cliplight.

Brock and Alan, is that the "clipper-3" you were talking about on the other thread -"Smallest and Brightest LED"?

arab

Enlightened
I've been looking at this light also. I don't have one, but yes, they are all the same. Look at the 3 links below. Same torch, different name - and prices!
smile.gif
CCrane - White LED Clip Light $14.95
smile.gif
Globetrotter - Four Seasons Clip-Light $18.13 (Original price 39.90 German Marks)
smile.gif
Glow Bug - NightBuster Clipper 3-LED $24

Mike

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the clip light head section is removeable? If it is I might get it and change the LEDs to turquoise.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you can stretch the budget to $20, I'd recommend the PrincetonTec Attitude. It's a 3 LED flashlight, runs on 4 AAAs, it light and bright. Available at many outdoors stores.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
It looks to me like a PrincetonTec Attitude is a Rage with 3 LEDs instead of a standard bulb. Since I really want a good AAA light to add 3 or 4 turquoise LEDs maybe the Rage would work. It is cheaper.

If anybody has a Rage I'd be curious to know if the lens has a decent sized hole where I might be able to insert 3 5mm LEDs.

Thanks in advance.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
It looks to me like a PrincetonTec Attitude is a Rage with 3 LEDs instead of a standard bulb. Since I really want a good AAA light to add 3 or 4 turquoise LEDs maybe the Rage would work. It is cheaper.

If anybody has a Rage I'd be curious to know if the lens has a decent sized hole where I might be able to insert 3 5mm LEDs.

Thanks in advance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PrincetonTec Attitude has the same EXACT body as the Rage, as a matter of fact, the two bulbs can be interchanged between the two. The lamp assembly on both lights are one unit and inseperable. The Rage especically is a prefocused lamp and reflector module. It looks like to me that the Rage uses a bi-pin bulb that is smaller than one LED, so i don't think you'll be able to fit three in there even if you could seperate the bulb from its reflector.

My best guess is for you to just buy the PrincetonTec Attitude and try to modify that lamp module. The lamp module in that one is also one unit and looks pretty tough to seperate. But nothing is impossible with the right tools. The light ouput anyway stock, is decent to say the least. It would only compare to similar 3 LED lights, and maybe an Eternalight...but i don't have the Eternalight so i wouldn't know.

If you want light comparisons between similarly priced, and similar sized lights, may i refer you to a CPF member's site that has pretty decent pictures?

Click HERE

The guy's SN on CPF is XENON.
Hey XENON...if you're out there i would like to say that you have a pretty cool site goin on there. It's simple, straight forward, and to the point pictures...very good ones i might add. You're site ultimately gave me the final push to by the Attitude. THanks!
grin.gif
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
The guy's SN on CPF is XENON.
Hey XENON...if you're out there i would like to say that you have a pretty cool site goin on there. It's simple, straight forward, and to the point pictures...very good ones i might add.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pictures are good, but there's no indication as to which beams belong with which flashlights. The picture filenames and ALT text show stuff like "LO12.JPG".

Alexis

Newly Enlightened
If you click on the thumbnails, you get a big picture with a caption telling you what lights are being compared.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
Offered by www.ccrane.com @$14.95-
shipping included (item-WCL) is the 3 LED cliplight.

Brock and Alan, is that the "clipper-3" you were talking about on the other thread -"Smallest and Brightest LED"?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

vcal,

First of all, when I got to their site, the price is $24.95 not $14.95.

They look the same but be careful as it didn't mention how many LEDs it has. There're 3 versions for the same housing, 1 LED, 2 and 3 LEDs. CCrane used to have the 2 LEDs clip light at $24.95. I don't understand why the 2 LEDs description was removed and no new information on number of LED was added?

I also have the 2 LEDs version, it is also very bright for 2 LEDs. However, it has 2 hot spots instead of one like the 3 LED version. I guess it is due to those 2 LEDs are positioned too far away from each other. I won't recommend the 2 LED version if you could get 3 LED version.

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:
Well, if you can stretch the budget to $20, I'd recommend the PrincetonTec Attitude. It's a 3 LED flashlight, runs on 4 AAAs, it light and bright. Available at many outdoors stores.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have both Attitude and Clipper 3. I would prefer clipper 3 for the same price of Attitude (may be even higher). Don't get me wrong, Attitude is a great LED light. It just happens that Clipper 3 is better for my usage - brighter, smaller, less wastage on battery, clipped on my belt and point to front hand free. No, it is not waterproof as Attitude (only water/weather resistant). If you use your LED in wet environment, go get Attitude.

However, I would highly recommend Rage (the incandescent version of Attitude). This is one hell of small and bright (for its size) light. I love Rage so much and get a second one right on the next day I got the first one.

I just got back from a night hiking with my Clipper 3, Rage, E2, UKD4, 9AN and UltraStinger (don't ask me why I carried so many lights).

Alan

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan:
vcal,

First of all, when I got to their site, the price is $24.95 not $14.95.
I also have the 2 LEDs version, it is also very bright for 2 LEDs. However, it has 2 hot spots instead of one like the 3 LED version. I guess it is due to those 2 LEDs are positioned too far away from each other. I won't recommend the 2 LED version if you could get 3 LED version.

Alan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alan, I am well aware about the three different versions, but sorry guy,-you missed their Special on their 3 LED clipper light. You're too late
frown.gif
-I just checked and the sale has expired. (You should have checked it two days ago when I first posted it.)
That special was Emailed to me spam-style 4 days ago.......
Just for kicks I'll try to forward that Email ad to you. Btw-I just ordered one from them on the phone today for $14.95US, (because I'm one of their regular good buyers)
wink.gif
-also, several other forum members saw the same ad I was referring to (see above)
wink.gif

Edit-15:51 PST
Your email is inaccessable.
p.s.-I DO have my facts perfectly straight on this one.
tongue.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexis:
If you click on the thumbnails, you get a big picture with a caption telling you what lights are being compared.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I got the big pictures, but no captions. That's the only reason I posted that.

I'll go reboot the computer and try it again.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I got the big pictures, but no captions. That's the only reason I posted that.

I just went for a look too. Not all the pictures have captions but those that do (like the very first beam picture and a few later on too), have them on the lower left of the larger JPEG images.

Fingers away from that "reset" button
grin.gif

But I agree- mr Xenon if yer around- any chance of updating the thumnail page with some descriptions- even if only on the Alernate text.

grin.gif
tongue.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
I just received the two white led clip lights (the "clipper") I ordered from ccrane. I did get these at the sale price of $14.95. However, these are the 2-led versions. (They don't really say 3 led on their website to be fair.)

Well, they are made in China and on the back, there is a check box for 3 models, the 1, 2 and 3 led models.

The case of the light is also an ugly translucent greenish/aqua. Oh well.

I don't mind that I got the 2 led models...they were at a good price and I plan on putting some more led's in there anyway! I hope to get a bright little light! (Hopefully noticeably brighter than the attitude.)

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roger:
I just received the two white led clip lights (the "clipper") I ordered from ccrane. I did get these at the sale price of $14.95. However, these are the 2-led versions. (They don't really say 3 led on their website to be fair.)

Well, they are made in China and on the back, there is a check box for 3 models, the 1, 2 and 3 led models.
I don't mind that I got the 2 led models...they were at a good price and I plan on putting some more led's in there anyway! I hope to get a bright little light! (Hopefully noticeably brighter than the attitude.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yow-ee! These folks told me on the phone they were three LED models
frown.gif
mad.gif

(mine hasn't come yet)

Mike

Newly Enlightened
I e-mailed Ccrane to ask how many LED's were in these and the response was 2. I went ahead and ordered one anyway since I plan to change these to turquoise LEDs and add more if possible.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Yeah, oh well...I guess 2 is ok for this price.

There is enough space to fit atleast 4 leds...perhaps 5...but it will be a tight fit--you might have to file...

I might see if I can fit a luxeon star (with optics) but I will have to try to modify the optics to fit! Oh, the thought of ruining the optics by attempting to shave a couple of millimeters off to reduce the outer diameter....