LIGHTWAVE 4000

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone noted that the space age circuitry is 16ohm resistors? Is this true. If it is, I'm disapointed.

Well, if it is, they`re covered in white silicone gunk. I expect so though, there isn`t a lot else in there that looks high-tech. it`s well built though, some might say over-engineered- so many parts in there that don`t seem to do much. This is as far apart as I got mine....

<center>
disemboweledlw4000.jpg
</center>

The LED module (lower left) comprises of the PCB and a black plastic front piece- the bit you can see the LEDs poking through. Between these, white silicone sealent has been pumped stocking the two firmly together, and keeping moisture out too- so those space age resistors are not readilly viewable.

BTW I will post dissasembly instructions for those who want to take theirs apart, just not yet sorry, or else I`ll have to push the new Imaginitively Titled Torch Reviews Site`s launch date back another week, though it`s going that way anyway....

...Now the question is.....can I put it back together again?

rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Anyone heard of this flashlight. The Lightwave 4000. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000538

Check out this thread. Lots of discussion on this light if you use "search" at the top of the page and type in Lightwave 4000.

Quickbeam,

Okay, thanks a lot for pointing me to that thread. I had not read it yet. Very interesting. Someone noted that the space age circuitry is 16ohm resistors? Is this true. If it is, I'm disapointed. Still, sounds like a nice light. I found a web site selling them for $45.50.

web page

I have a Rayovac Industrial 3 'D' cell flashlight, in which I put 12 Nichia whites. (Eventually, I will put a dc/dc step up regulator in it.) This is an excellent quality flashlight, and now it is LED. It is supposed to withstand a 7ft drop test; quite durable. I didn't know anyone was making 'D' cell LED flashlights

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A flashoholic without a flashlight is like a Samurai without his sword!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Someone noted that the space age circuitry is 16ohm resistors? Is this true.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know - I'm afraid I don't have one to evaluate - anyone else out there know? Craig? Any ideas? I've always been curious about this "space age circuitry" too.