Do you feel lucky, Punk

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dirty Harry's mouth must be watering over the S&W Model 500 .

I would love to get my hands on one of these on the range, I love shooting my 44 but this baby must be a real thrill, Has anyone had a chance to shoot one of these bad boys?

Starlight

Enlightened
I have a 500 S&W on order, but haven't shot one yet. I do have and shoot the following:
445 Supermag
454 Casull
475 Linebaugh
45-70 Govt
50 AE
500 Linebaugh

They will all get your attention when they go off.
My friends call me Dirty Harry.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Nothing super bada$$ here.

Baddest Rifle: Russian Moison Nagant 7.62x54R

Baddest Pistol: 1911 .45ACP

Had a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag that except for two shots, always shot 44 Special. After two rounds of Magnum, I was flinching!

Had a .357 Magnum Astra Revolver. My buddy bought it and found it shoots good with light bullets going slow. PHOOEH! Who needs that?

Besides, I get a real kick out of shooting my .22 stuff!!!

turbodog

Flashaholic
Once I had a college roommate from "somewhere way up north" like michigan or something named fred. I was talking to another roommate whose name I forget (from memphis) about guns. Fred walked through and said "you have a gun!". I told him that this is the south we don't have "gun", we have "guns". I then we on to inform him that under his very nose I had a shotgun in the dorm with us. He didn't quite know what to say.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
All,
A list of tough guns?
So many to choose from.

My current favorite is an Enfield Type IV converted to a Type V. Since it's shorter and lighter it kicks firmly. Not as bad as a friends .444 Marlin but porkey enough.

Try
www.irighti.org
skip to the part that reads May 31 2002 you will see a photo of it, me and a woman who is not my wife. No smart *** remarks, my wife has her gun belt on her black belt.

There is other bits of eye candy along the way. Enjoy.

When I get back to the world Im thinking of a short Kimber 45 for carry or another titanium 38 snubby.

Got but not yet played with is a Enfield IV chambered in 308. Picked that up from a guy on Subguns.com. 308 is easyer to get than 303 lately. May have to reload my 303 brass.

That's the news of the moment.

Later kids
Jack Crow in Iraq

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Jack,
If you get a Kimber I would advise a good fluff and buff because the tolerances on Kimber's seem to be very tight. Some ammo has a hard time feeding reliably. Also get rid of the stock mags and get some Wilson mags instead. The Wilson mags feed much more reliably than the stock mags. Of all the jams or falure to eject's I have seen from Kimber's the main culprit has been the mags.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone had a chance to shoot one of these bad boys?

[/ QUOTE ]

As it so happens, my gun dealer got his in while I was by his shop ordering my Beretta Storm last week. He handed it to me to "see how it felt"... uh... it was BIG!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
A tricked up FN Browning Hi-Power that I bought new in '72. Among other things, it has an extended safety and slide stop made by Austin Behlert, Wizard of Cranford, back in the days before investment cast combat parts came on the scene.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
LNRA,
That's a valid point worth looking into.
Since I won't be back in the "world" until December, this might not be such a bad idea. Buy the toy and send it to a custom shop for the work you detail.

Since Virginia is a cw and open cary state, I might as well get something loud, Stainless or nickle perhaps.

My sweat tends to rust blue steel.

Ideas and coments welcome.

What's happening in your world. Iraq resembles a kitty litter large.

Later dude
Jack Crow

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do like the engineering on the S&W .50 cal revolver.Dan Wesson may have strayed but I see that S&W liked dans idea of a separate barrel threaded into the frame and tensioned by a shroud and retaining nut to hold the barrel under tension and providing a stable launching platform for the bullet. I would love to see a .50 cal Black Talon round, that would be one rock and roll cartridge for home defense. I have 40S&W black talons in one of my home cannons and have seen what they are capable of.

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
Awesome guns, I don't know if I'll ever get a hand cannon quite that big. I think the biggest I've shot was a .45 or a .38 snub. (Long time ago.) I just got a Beretta U22 Neos INOX 6" .22LR for my survival pack (plentiful squirrel/rabbit food), and it has two burrs in the end of the barrel at the muzzle (on the rifling).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It only has a 1 year warranty but I'm going to see if it'll come out with some mini-mags before I send the brand new gun back to the factory via the merchant. I'll also check for decent groupings with some competition rounds. For the self-defense aspect I'd love to have one of the Springfield Arms like the 1911 if I could afford one. It'll probably be a cheaper 9mm or .380 though, heh. Not as effective but not much recoil and little muzzle climb.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I only have a small arsnal.

Marliln 336CS 30/30....loaded with fire belching hand loads.
Browning BL-22....sweet little 22 lever action
Ruger 10/20....great plinker
Colt M1991A1 45ACP with a Leupold Laser Light....point and shoot! This is a short barrel Commander with a mat black finish.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
You betcha Roy! I got a rather boogered looking BL-22 in a trade, and that puppy is SWEEEEETTT!!!

10/22 is nice too, mine is stainless on wood.

I have a 20+ year old Glenfield 60 semi, and a Marlin 25N Bolt gun with a slicked up trigger.

I LOVE my .22 stuff!!!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
S&W 642 airweight (best carry piece I've had!)
Glock 26 (wife's)

Soon to get list:

.22 lever rifle
Glock 19

bald1

Enlightened
I still like autos better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Here's my customized Colt slabsides that handles both 45ACP and .400 Cor-Bon fodder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif And yeah, I'm located very close to the Cor-Bon operation in Sturgis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

coltMKIV45_1.JPG

--Bob

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Jack,
I do like the .45 round. Believe it or not my favorite .45 pistol right now is the Beretta Cougar 8045. It is far from the classic 1911 style though and it would never be as accurate as a 1911 could be. It is accurate enough for a self defense gun though. But it has its advantages also. It is very easy to break down and I have not had a single malfunction in the 3 years I have owned it. The rotating barrel is very nice for reducing recoil. Of course I never really thought a .45 had to much recoil anyway. I just wish Berreta would import the Ionix (stainless) version. The grips on the Cougar may be a bit large for some people but I have no problems with mine. Bald1's picture makes me want to go out and buy another 1911 though. Nice gun Bald1. Take care in Iraq Jack.
Jeff

ledlurker

Enlightened
My list:

Rem 700 BDL 7mm Mag LH with 3-12X50mm Nikon scope
M1 Carbine by Winchester
Marlin 39A lever action 22
Browning 22 rifle
Ruger Mk II 22 pistol
Ruger Security Six Stainless 357
Colt 1991A1 45
Stevens 311H Double barrel 12GA
Remington 1100 12GA

And a Benelli M1 12 GA that I got in even trade for a Ruger Mini 14. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif