Arcs future... (not a rant or complain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_j

Enlightened
So after great AA, AAA and LS series ARC came up with A4. I'm sure this light will also be a great success. So what next? A5? What would you guys like to see in Arc products?

Personaly I want a light the size of LS with two bright control modes. Very powerful and long lasting battery.

Matt

nisshin

Enlightened
Actually, the Arc5 has been discussed. There's a link to the discussion in the Arc FAQ. A lot of the technology developed for the Arc4 will go into the Arc5. As for what I would like to see: perhaps a spot-to-flood adapter. Maybe add a laser pointer option!

McShawn

Enlightened
I agree with you polak187, i would like to see just those options too. For my EDC light that is what I want, small with long life and real bright if needed, for those bumps in the night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see an LSH with textured reflector (instead of optics), and two brightness levels (maybe one setting of 5 lumens and another of 15 lumens).

mridude

Newly Enlightened
May I direct your attention to the " Premium AA Request " thread in the 'Arc Flashlight' group.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
1. A 2x123 LSHF-P
2. A 4AA LSHF-P. Similar to a tec40 with the batteries side by side.
3. Always wanted a nice hefty 1w 2D Arc light. Bright and long burning. With a barrel clickie switch.
4. A AA luxeon light would be nice. I'd like one underdriven at maybe 100 ma, maybe less. Mainly for the nicer light of the luxeon over 5mm Nichias. Flat regulation would be a nice bonus.

Also just waiting for luxeons to become more efficient. Imagining a nice 30 or 40 lumens for 4+ hours from 2x123s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd like to see the Arc AAA back in production. The other stuff can wait.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with paul, there will be no Arc5, Arc6 or Luxeon AAs if there are no AAAs to finance them. The only Arc stuff you can get lately is off ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
As was previously announced, the next light planned is the Arc5. However, it is delayed until next year. In the meantime, my original specification is undergoing a transformation.

Peter

Tom_Ayers

Newly Enlightened
Matt - you have to get a life - ETS, CPF, work, EMT, kayaking - wait! That sounds like fun...

Heck, I've only made 16 posts here and I feel guilty about all the time I spend reading things here... <lurk mode off> I've got mod-madness so bad that I cleaned up the lathe and mill, tweaked 'em, and ordered some additional tooling that I'd been meaning to order for some time (ahem - not messing with ARC stuff, Mr. G, honest! It was only a cr@ppy m@g to start with, so it had no future...)

I'd say you spend too much time on the computer but hey, who am I to say that.

Getting back on topic: Buy more stuff from Peter now and maybe you'll get your wish list in due course... I love the AAA Ps so much that I'm afraid to buy one of those... other dark suckers that ARC sells... Say, don't you need something to replace that M6 of yours?

Regards,

Tom

matt_j

Enlightened
Hahahahahahhaha Tom you are busting my chops... As you see I never post at night (when I'm on the ambulance) or on the weekends (when Im on the river or in the woods). My day job (programming) requires me to be on computer all day and during down time there is really not much to do so I'm trying to contribute to the internet world. Also paramedic school cuts into my play time as well so until January I'm caged indoors. But you don't get to be a great medic without putting in your grunt time.

Said that... I love the M6 (bulb) as a cheaper alternative to Surefire. On the other hand I had the M6 LED which I sold few weeks ago since I had no use for it (Inova X5, Arc LS and Arc4).

And since I mostly ride night shifts where would you find better chance to test your lights out? Anything from scene safty/survey to patient assesment.

I found a great way to intubate patients when I place my LS on their neck and so it lights up my ladmark (vocal cords) and I can squzee the tube right in...

Problem with using expensive lights on the street that people have a tendency to try to borrow them and never return.

So in conclusion you have to put up with me until January when finally my 100 hours work week will go down to 60 hours. My only fear is that I get to attached to this place and when released intot he wild I will suffer from withdrawal syndrome...

Matt

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
And since I mostly ride night shifts where would you find better chance to test your lights out? Anything from scene safty/survey to patient assesment.

I found a great way to intubate patients when I place my LS on their neck and so it lights up my ladmark (vocal cords) and I can squzee the tube right in...

Problem with using expensive lights on the street that people have a tendency to try to borrow them and never return.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any problems keeping them clean/sterile?

Plec

matt_j

Enlightened
Plec,

Not at all. Since this is my own personal equipment it gets tripple the scrubbing instead of regular double. Body gets washed with alcohol. So far the switch is holding up but I'm affraid that one of those days it may start wearing off from alcohol so I try to scrub it with soap and water or PAWs cleaner. I'm also looking at the posibility of getting twist cap for this light. Also when we are doing serious trauma bloody call I usually have enough PD and other units on the scene that they controll the light for me either with my Arc or their Surefires. From basic call to call it gets a wipe with alcohol but after messy call it gets deconed really well. That's when I disasemble it and go over it with fine comb. Later on I just dunk it in peroxide to see if I missed the spot. It's a great light but little too strong for pupils assesment althou I learned to cover the lens with my finger to reduce light output. I can't wait to get A4 with varaible lighting...

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.