AAA Arclight Arrived, Some Comments,,,

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I think we are ready to order. Where and how much?
grin.gif

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to get my hands on one of them too..
How much?

OH BTW, i'm up in canada as you can see.

/edit Hehe, i just noticed that you were in canada too

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys...

I've got good news and Bad news...

The Good news is the Arc arrived safely..
The Bad news,, Wellll Ummm..

Theres only One of Them Dang!!!!
smile.gif

Peter,, I thought the Solitare was nicely made,,but the Arc blows that thing Completely out of the water...
Extremely nicely made Peter..The difference between the two is literally like Night and Day..

Ok,,so onto the carry rigs...

Knurling is not as bad as I had imagined,,and will be No problem to get around...

Now I have a choice to make, you guys can help me make them...

The Arc Does fit into the Solitare holder,,but is Slightly tighter..

This really isn't a problem,,but actually makes an improvement...

Since the Arc is tight in the Solitare rig,,which BTW fits into the rig both ways to protect the head as some people wanted...

The chances of it actually turning on are Very slim...They would also stay in better with less possibility of loss...

So,,whatcha guys think???

This is the rig that I hope will solve all of your problems...
You guys have used these,,give me some input and help me make a better product...

Peter..

First of next week I will be making some of these for you and sending them over for your inspection.....I think you are Really going to light,,umm like them....
smile.gif

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome...

Thanks Peter...

This thing Rocks!! Big Time..Can't wait til dark...

I appreciate it very much..

ttyle

Eric E. Noeldechen
On/Scene Tactical

Darell

Flashaholic
Thanks Eric -

Now we need pictures! Show us what you've got. If it's easier, you could send me a sheath, and I'll take pics and post them for you
smile.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
A very tight fit is probably the easiest solution to head-in carry, so it's cool with me! BTW, I'd like to alternate between carrying the sheath on a keyring, and carrying it on a ball chain around my neck; I'm assuming the sheath accomodates both no problem. Looking forward to this!

Joe

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys....

Well,, ok ,,Umm,,now I've got to make a bunch of these little buggers....

I've got some last minute orders to get finished,,but I can work on these as I go along...I've got 3-4 of them all ground up ready to go...

Price on these are $9.00USD including shipping each...
Right now,, black only,,but once I get going there will be a possibility of OD, Carbon Fiber pattern, and maybe camo,,will have to see...

First thing first though..I first lot of them go over to Peter..
smile.gif

As a side note I've been wearing mine as a neck rig all day,,and have forgotten it was there...Used it in the backyard last night to help my son get toys out of his fort,,and was quite impressed about how much light it puts out...

Definately enough to see down the trail...

Tell me,, the one I have has like a frosted blue color,,is this White or Blue ??

Guys,,shoot me an e-mail with your name and address and will do them as soon as humanly possible...

[email protected]

Thanks

Eric...

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering how for up the arc it covers.
I wanna keep my keys from scratching the arc as much as possible.

BTW, does anybody know where to get some lanyard?

I still have to get an arc from the CDN distributor soon. Some time this week hopefully.
Second note..Is 54 CDN /w shipping a good deal for an arc-aaa turquoise?? Turquoise is the brightest right??

Thanks

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
I'm wondering how for up the arc it covers.
I wanna keep my keys from scratching the arc as much as possible.

BTW, does anybody know where to get some lanyard?

I still have to get an arc from the CDN distributor soon. Some time this week hopefully.
Second note..Is 54 CDN /w shipping a good deal for an arc-aaa turquoise?? Turquoise is the brightest right??

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dan,

Do you know if you are getting a regular ARC AAA or the ARC AAA LE ?

I think the $54 is the base price. You have to add the pst and gst on top of that. With the conversion rate, $54 is a fair price. If you ordered it from a US distributor you end up having to pay a Canadian duty when this item arrives in Canada. Plus you have to pay gst and pst. Plus Canada post will charge you a $5 admin fee.

sylvestor.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
Turquoise is the brightest right??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When comparing a standard white, LE white and standard turquoise - the turquoise does appear (to me, being a standard human) to light up the room substantially more than the others.

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Joe...

Sorry I missed your question,first time Round...

Yes,, you can use it on your kychain,,or as a necker,,no problem at all...With beadchain you'll just have to go through the hole with it and wear it like that.

I use cord of some type so,,I just push a loop through the eye and then loop the cord through that....

Some people don't like using cord,,I don't have a problem with it..Either way is fine..

Dan...

As far as how much of the light will stick out....??

It's going to vary slightly since these are handmade,,but if you wanted something to cover more or less of the light then you just have to tell me and I will make it per your requirements..Not a problem at all..One thing though..The more the light is in the holder,,the harder it is to get out..I can adjust it slightly,,and all the rigs are tested with both lights before anything is shipped...

keytag2.jpg

Here is a pic of a holder with a Solitare in place..These rigs will be pretty much the same for the ARC AAA...

Any questions,,Feel free to drop me a note Anytime...

Thanks

Eric..

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Sylvestor:
I got a quote saying that the base price is 40, then gst and shipping to calgary, No pst cuz it's Alberta. HaHa. That's close enought to 54 right??
Oh, i'm getting a regular arc aaa turquoise

Thanks though,

DAn

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
Sylvestor:
I got a quote saying that the base price is 40, then gst and shipping to calgary, No pst cuz it's Alberta. HaHa. That's close enought to 54 right??
Oh, i'm getting a regular arc aaa turquoise

Thanks though,

DAn
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dan,

That's pretty good if the base is $40. I was getting my info from Orby's post: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001109&p=2

Have fun with the new light,

sylvestor

Numbers

Enlightened
UGH!!!!!
Just ordered 2 ARC AAA not having heard that the LE is brighter. If that is true the AAA's will have to turn into gifts and the LE's will be a ew order. Can anyone confirm that the LE's are brigjhter?

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Thing is that i like the turquoise colour, and a couple posts up, someone says that the turquoise is brighter than the LE. Not sure though, can anyone confirm this?
But for 54 w/ shipping, is it worth it?

Again, a side note, how scratched up does an ARC get when carried with keys? Can keys scratch the led and/or the reflector??

Thanks everyone.

Empath

Flashaholic
Again, a side note, how scratched up does an ARC get when carried with keys? Can keys scratch the led and/or the reflector??

Thanks everyone.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After carrying mine for sometime I noticed, like any such product it does show wear on the finish, but not excessively. I havent noticed any problem with the reflector or led. Instead of it being "scratched", I prefer to think of it as gaining "character".

Harrkev

Enlightened
Again, a side note, how scratched up does an ARC get when carried with keys? Can keys scratch the led and/or the reflector??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep my ARC attached to my key ring with a small carabiner. The knurled finish now has nice silver highlights to it, but otherwise OK. As far at the LED and reflector goes, if you do not attach the ARC to your keychain with anything long, then the keys should not even be able to touch the reflector or LED. Mine cant, and I have nary a scratch on them. If you keep other things in your pocket at the same time, or if you do not keep the ARC firmly attached to you keys, then scratching may be a problem. But then, you will get an even more diffuse beam.

BTW: I HIGHLY recommend getting a small carabiner for attaching your ARC to your keys. This allows the light to be easily removed, and attached to other things. This also lets me hand my light to my 8-month-old son (who thinks that the ARC-AAA is tasty).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harrkev:
This also lets me hand my light to my 8-month-old son (who thinks that the ARC-AAA is tasty).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I presume that you're also keeping an eye on him when he has your light.
smile.gif

Don't want the little tyke to choke on that Arc. As I understand, if an object can fit through an empty toilet paper core, a kid can potentially choke on it.
blush.gif