Anyone heard when the gold CPF Arc will come out

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they next on the list of to do things? I read somewhere the Arc co was working on something new...any ideas what it could be? Care to speculate? Gransee, would you care to give a hint?

MY

Enlightened
I thing that ARC is working on that new LED photon light torpedo that Mr. Eternalight made reference to a couple of treads back. I think that they were talking about using 4 LS modules and the eternalight curcuit all in a package no bigger than a breadbox, or something like that!
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I heard it was a gold-colored LS bulb in a single AAA package with twice the run-time of the Infinity for $9.95. I can't wait.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
I heard it was a gold-colored LS bulb in a single AAA package with twice the run-time of the Infinity for $9.95. I can't wait.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw shucks,...I was hoping for something special.
smile.gif
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MY:
I thing that ARC is working on that new LED photon light torpedo that Mr. Eternalight made reference to a couple of treads back. I think that they were talking about using 4 LS modules and the eternalight curcuit all in a package no bigger than a breadbox, or something like that!
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A merger...hmmm...that could be interesting.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here`s my guess...it`s going to be low voltage walk way lighting useing the LS`s.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tell you what. I'm sure the Arc LS release is tops on Peter Gransee's list for new releases but I would venture to bet that there is something more up the Arc Light's sleeve that they are not willing to share yet.

Was an official CPF light ever settled upon? I know Peter had made comments.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for the BLUE colour CPF special, with the white LED, so's I can get an Arc AAA.

[Joke]Actually, I think Mr. Gransee is going to produce an incandescent.[/Joke]

It would be interesting ......

MrEternalight was just joking about the Joint Venture - wasn't he ??

lightlover
confused.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the CPF light will be a dark blue Arc-AAA with the Type III HA and the SB1 LED.

We are going to run a couple through soon to see how they come out. We have been warned by people in the know that type III doesn't do colors as well as the type II. That is why we have the experiment planned.

Peter Gransee

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
I understand the CPF light will be a dark blue Arc-AAA with the Type III HA and the SB1 LED.
Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... but what do you know about the goings on at Arc? Sheesh. Some people think they know everything...

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if you DO know somebody who has a friend who works with the girlfriend of a guy who cleans the offices for the mother of somebody who works at Arc - I REALLY like the idea of an HA blue AAA w/ white S-rank. I wasn't happy with just six AAAs anyway. Put me on the list! I want S/N number 1!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
want S/N number 1!

I think the plan was that they`d be individually personalised wiht your Candlepower Forums member number- so yours would say sdomething like "CPF Member no. 887"- or at least that was the plan, it may have been dropped due to complexity, etc.

BTW the Official Poll shows regular Blue out ahead, and dark blue coming up behind in 2nd place.

But whatever mr G can make us, I`m sure we`ll all love it, right?!

wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
[QB so yours would say sdomething like "CPF Member no. 887[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

887! Damn. Sucks being late to the party.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclops942:
Beats not making it to the party at all. Welcome!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent way to look at it. Thanks!

Bucky

Enlightened
Dark blue, regular blue, gold, silver - whatever, I will take one regardless.

Just as an aside, Benchmade knife company is shipping their "2001 Forum knife" right now. After much debate about this and that, Benchmade decided to allow the forumites to pick their favorite number (first come, first serve) for the 100-knife run.

I am not so sure that the number idea is as good of an idea for this though, because: the knives were going to be numbered 1-100 anyway, whereas the Arc may not be; and it is much easier to organize something like that with only 100 items issued. Since the CPF Forum light will be markedly more affordable, there may be many more than 100 made/issued.

I think it totally depends on Peter. If numbers are not an impossible task, then it sounds good. If it will be very hard to number them, then forget it. Let's not have the numbering stand in the way of getting the light made and issued.

Bucky

Latest posts