• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Modded Bowling Pin "Penguin" for sale

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD! Modded Bowling Pin \"Penguin\" for sale

I have a modded Bowling Pin light for sale. That's Right; it is not the standard 9LED that I have sold one but a special one. The modded Bowling Pin, "Penguin" has an Inretech Minimag 1-Watt Luxeon LED beaming through the Inretech optic. The Lux Led is powered by the original electronics in the light. The electronics are powered by a single CR123A battery.

I assume Inretech used a low Vf to make the Lux LED run the direct drive of 3-Volts in a Minimag so the Penguin with the electronics should be efficient and have a long run time. Sorry, I haven't done a runtime test with the light because I don't have a fresh battery right now.

The Penguin has a heavy-duty custom made heat sink and I've airbrushed two powder blue stripes on the working end of the light so you can tell the Penguin apart from the standard Bowling Pin light.

If you haven't seen a Bowling Pin light then I'll tell you it has a very heavy duty casing and looks very classy. Running the single CR123A battery gives the light a very small and chunky contoured form that fits in a fist well.

If you want I will add a standard Bowling Pin light for $12 more.

The Penguin light sell for $37.50 + 2.50 first class shipping in the US or Canada. CR123A battery not included in the sale.

A great review of the Bowling Pin:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=575009&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

PM me if you are interested.

bowling_pin_penguin.jpg

Penguin_and_bowling_pin_for_sale.jpg

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Modded Bowling Pin \"Penguin\" for sale

bee-you-ti-ful mod. plannign to post a 'how-to' anytime soon?

i have oen of these lights - needs moding to Luxeon.

neg