New Orb Ti

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All, I would like to announce the launch of the Orb Led torch. Orb
As this torch / flashlight has been designed to use ether Luxeon 1 & 3 watt led or 5mm type led, I could think of no better place than CPF to launch this unique extremely well built & styled pocket size light.
The Titanium Model is made to order & orders are being taken know.
I hope you like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
Looks great, but how do you order on the site? Also, what are the prices?

Also, where is the light made?

Thanks,

Marc

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Marc.
The site is a pre launch page & as of yet orders can only be taken for the Ti model via email [email protected]
The aluminum model will be available to buy online at the orb in the next few weeks. Prices will be online then.
The Lite is made in the UK.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Welcome aboard Orb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Email sent for one orb-ti order with 3W luxeon if possible. Just let us know the price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
Email sent. I would like to order the ti orb with the luxeon led as well.

Thank you. I will wait for your instructions.

Marc

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

Welcome.

Just a few constructive comments which I hope you won't mind.

Firstly, I've heard of the FlikLite as a designer light. The Orb Ti looks cool too. However, I'm not sure how functional it would be despite the upgradeability options. It would seem that the switch while unique may not be as easy to operate as say pressing a button. Would the switch entail the use of two hands to turn on?

Secondly, the total lack of knurling of any kind may make it difficult to handle when wet even with the lanyard. Not everyone may like to use to lanyard too. Also, would there be a possibility that the switch may come out of position through movement of torch & lanyard when worn around the user's wrist?

As to your website, you really need to have better photos of your product. I see unsharp/out of focus photos, dirty backgrounds, cut off backgrounds. (Ahem, I could help you out there a bit as photography is my line of work).

Finally, there is a typo in 'infa red' instead of 'infra red'.

Hope I've not been too critical & discouraging. Good luck in the launch of your new product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate your constructive comments Flashlight.
Easy for me to answer all the right answers to your comments, once the first production run of the aluminium model is complete I will send some out for review.
The Orb is designed to be both Stylish & practical with no compromise on quality.
There is no problems with out knurling or switch coming out of position.
Sorry you do not like photos, (there are improvements to be made)
Thanks for typo error!
Thank you very much.
Rob

sygyzy

Enlightened
You sure make it difficult to find out any information about your product. I had to click on your profile to find your website.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
sorry, but nothing looks cool here ... no pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
bernhard

bald1

Enlightened
Bernhard,

Pix are here: Orb site
orb5.jpg

orb3.jpg

orb1.jpg

orb9.jpg

orb2.jpg

orb7.jpg

--Bob

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I second that remark about making the webpage a bit hard to find - it's a well-done page, unlike several that have been broadcast for the world to see.

Willing to state an approximate price for the Ti model? Or the aluminum model?

Last - how does the switch work?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Guys!
My lack of experience posting on CPF.
Edited first post with direct link.
I will include some more photos later.
Thanks for the interest so far.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
orb said:
Appreciate your constructive comments Flashlight.
Easy for me to answer all the right answers to your comments, once the first production run of the aluminium model is complete I will send some out for review.
The Orb is designed to be both Stylish & practical with no compromise on quality.
There is no problems with out knurling or switch coming out of position.
Sorry you do not like photos, (there are improvements to be made)
Thanks for typo error!
Thank you very much.
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Rob,

You're welcome. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the 'missing link' too but I see you've fixed that.

Well, send one to me & I'll do up an objective review (to the best of my limited ability in this area) & make some nice photos for you in return. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
He is really very sly and smart this Flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey, I could, me too, take some shots of this flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif And France is closer than Singapore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
He is really very sly and smart this Flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey, I could, me too, take some shots of this flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif And France is closer than Singapore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you can Frenchy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif but maybe some of the parts are from Singapore like the for the Longbow & McLux? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
Here's the info I got in an email from Rob:

The price for a Orb Ti.

£200
300 euro
$369 usd

I accept pay pal or Cheque.

Order via email.

Made in the UK

It's a great looking light. Does anyone have experience with their first product, the fliklight?

Thanks,

Marc

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
marcspar said:
Here's the info I got in an email from Rob:

The price for a Orb Ti.

£200
300 euro
$369 usd

I accept pay pal or Cheque.

Order via email.

Made in the UK

It's a great looking light. Does anyone have experience with their first product, the fliklight?

Thanks,

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

Cor, blimey, it's a bit pricey ain't it?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sleek!

interchangeable-heads.jpg

The piece on the right looks almost like a Hotlips heatsink.

When the neodymium magnet of the lanyard is slid into position, how does it remain in place when there is movement?