Pelican M6 LED head or conversion ?

WesternAustralia

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I'm very new to the Flashlight game.
I am a professional Security officer in Western Australia. From what I've seen, not too many people are up with the latest in FL technology here, so it's either Maglite or Stingers !
I have just taken the plunge and purchased a Pelican M6. Fantastic FL for the bucks paid.

What I'd like to know is if the LED head is interchangable or if not, are there any mods I can purchase over here in OZ.

Cheers,
WA

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the WILD WILD WORLD of the CPF WA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Pelican M6 has been modded quite a fair bit. You can do it yourself with a McModule, a nice Luxeon and a Badboy/ DownBoy driver. Check out www.anlighten.com/shop/.
If you go with a Li-ion Pila 168S batt from jsburlys.com, you can direct drive a LuxeonIII LED.

Coincidentally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have a McModule + bits for sale here

WesternAustralia

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Hotbeam,

Are the Pelican brand heads interchangeable?
ie; Could I simply buy a Pelican LED head ?

Cheers,
WA

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this what you have?

PM6inBox.jpg

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
WesternAustralia said:
Thanks Hotbeam,

Are the Pelican brand heads interchangeable?
ie; Could I simply buy a Pelican LED head ?

Cheers,
WA

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'head' merely comprises of the reflector housing, polycarb lens and reflector. To convert your PM6 to LED, you need to replace the existing bulb module with the McModule + LED + driver (optional). You also need to replace the reflector.

Here are the photos of the bits...

McModule_VWAV_PR.jpg

WesternAustralia

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your help on this one, as I said, I'm not really techno-minded...but trying to learn!

What role does the "driver" play ?
And is the above picture what you are selling ?

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy Turn-Key PM6 lights that have been modded here on Mods B/S/T. Just post. You may be able to send your light to have the mods done for you. Just post and ask for a modder to help. Add the clickie tail switch, as it makes it a better light for most applications.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver provides constant current to the LED to keep the brightness at the same level, until the battery can no longer provide the desired current, at which time the LED will start to dim.

If you want, you can get that driver from the Shoppe and have it posted to me to complete the McModule OR I can get the driver and do it all from here.

Latest posts