• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AUCTION: Royal Deluxe Mag Mod

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Up for auction is what I call my Royal Deluxe Mag Mod as seen here with a couple extras.

This is one of my most favorite Mag mods. I actually built two of them but the other one is for my keeping. I built this one using Hotlips heatsinks but as a modular design using a 2-pin connector so you can swap out the "module" for another to use with the same body.

Copper Mag2D (brand new condition) powered by 3x123 (fresh Duracell Ultra 123s included) using Eletrolumens' CR123-To-D adapter, UCL lens, sputtered Mag reflector, smooth Mag reflector, module-1: Hotlips LuxIII TW0LW(white) DB1333 potted in an eCan to the bottom of the Hotlips green glow powder mod, module-2 Hotlips LuxV R5WY(royal blue) direct drive blue glow powder mod. Now also included, module-3 Hotlips LuxIII green (bin unknown) DB1250 potted in an eCan to the bottom of the Hotlips. (pics below)

This is my first auction here so please bare with me if I have made any mistakes (any tips/suggestions are appreciated).
I'd like to give 20% of the proceeds to our community as a small token to show more of my appreciations.
The auction will end next coming Thursday (6/10) at 8:00pm PST (my time in California).

Many thanks to Sasha and all of CPF!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

The Royal Pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif:

(pewter Mag 3C/LE & SL HID Mini-Mag not included of course)
mag2d_copper.jpg

hotlips_modular.jpg

hotlips_modules_top.jpg

hotlips_modules_bottom.jpg

hotlips_modular_connector.jpg

Module-3: LuxIII green DB1250
g-luxiii_hotlips-module_top.jpg
g-luxiii_hotlips-module_bottom.jpg

More Pics:
LuxIII "Module" Sputtered Reflector
LuxV "Module" Smooth Reflector
EL CR123-To-D Adapter

Beamshots:
(Might I add that the following beamshots seriously do not do this light any justice. I tried to capture a picture on how far the LuxIII "module" with the smooth reflector unbelievably throws but was unsuccessful. Those who have LuxIII Mag mods should have an idea on have far this one throws.)
RD-Mag w/sputtered reflector on the left @ 15ft.:
Module-1: McLuxPR TW0K DB1000
Module-2: PM6 McModule LuxIII Royal Blue (bin uknown) DB1194
Module-3: PM6 McModule LuxIII Royal Blue (bin uknown) DB1194 (This baby is crazy bright!)

(as seen in the beamshots, the colored luxeons are not white in the center of the hotspot. The intesities of the hotspots are just messing with the camera's eye.)

Last edited:

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me start this off with a little bid.
$50.00

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
The pictures are up!

Pascal, of course is not a problem with me buddy.
Was it the color that caught your attention? I don't remember seeing too many larger lights in your collection.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to be one of the ugliest, over-sized lights I've ever seen. Probably no throw what-so-ever. Reminds me of plumbing parts. Man, that's ugly.

Of course, darkgear built it so that means it's just about perfect if not perfect. I suppose he used some pretty good parts. No fingerprints. You know what that means? Do dee do dee Do dee do dee Do dee do dee. Dadgum galactic aliens.

Well, as a service to CPF I'll go ahead and buy this irritating light for <font color="orange">$150.00</font> just to make it go away.

Ya'll just go on about yer business now, ya hear? In time the revolting images of this 1.5" drain pipe will be just a faded memory to ya.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! He's including a 5W RB module. That's just pathetic. Who needs a Royal Blue 5WLS? I guess I could go a couple of dollars more just to make sure this ridiculous iteration doesn't leave the country.

What I do to make things right. Sheesh.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icey, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
$160.00
I always wanted to be a plumber. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
IB & mut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
darkzero said:
Was it the color that caught your attention? I don't remember seeing too many larger lights in your collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my bad, it's a copper colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I thought it was a gold one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

You remember correct Darkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

But what is what prevents me from having one of it at least in my collection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

$161.00 ( Add interest fees until 15 th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif)

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks as though Pascal and tin both want to be plumbers too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
$210.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

mut

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plumbing.

Now that's a trade that pays. Looks like I'll have to become a plumber to afford this scrap.

I said scrap.

<font color="orange">$275.00</font>