Dodge Caravan with DVD player and no headphones

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI:
If you have a new(er) Dodge Caravan or Chrysler Town & Country with an overhead DVD screen with the DVD player in your dash but didn't get wireless headphones because you bought a SWB (short wheel base) model but would like to add them then let me know and I can help.

I bought a 2005 model Caravan with single disc DVD player (w/remote) and wanted to have the wireless headphones like the Grand Caravan's have. I was told many things from differnt dealers and no one was able to help. So I put up a lot of time and money and figured it out. It takes a later model (2003-2004) 6 disc in dash DVD changer with 900MHZ RF transmitter and matching headphones. The newest version of this DVD player uses an IR transmitter and IR headphones but requires a seperate IR transmitter.

I set up a web page to help out with this just in case some one here ends up in the same situation.

Wireless Headphones and 6 Disc Changer

Saaby

Flashaholic
So if you pass another Grand Caravan, or T&C, or even Voyager for that matter, do you hear their movie playing in your headphones? No wonder they switched to IR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Dodge Caravan with DVD player and no headphone

It uses two channels (manually switchable), so you've got a 50/50 chance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As much as I like the quality of the 900MHZ headphones over the IR, I would rather have IR for the reason you mentioned plus the fact that 900MHZ is so common it's easy to pick up interference.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Screw war driving, I'm going war listening

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Something IR headphones prevent you from doing is sitting in the drivers seat and listening to the headphones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder if the police mind if I listen to music through headphones instead of the stereo speakers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

avusblue

Enlightened

Sean --

Excellent writeup! I sent you a PM re: Mopar Minivans. I'm a fan too.

Cheers,

Dave

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Place any reflective object (just white paper will do) in front of the IR transmitter and you can listen from the front seat.

On the other hand, in the US it is illegal to wear head phones that block sound from entering both ears while driving (or even while riding a bicycle IIRC). The concern is that you won't hear horns and emergency sirens.

-Bill

Latest posts