Best light for run down 123's?

Corolla

Newly Enlightened
Best light for run down 123\'s?

Is there a led light that i could use my batteries in that my incan killed but still have enough juice to run them( i was thinking of getting a E2e+kl4 for this)? I just want to extract every bit of power don't want to waste any. Or will this harm a light having run down batteries put in it?

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
Re: Best light for run down 123\'s?

inova X5 is great for this Thats what I have you be surprised how much power is still left to power the X5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I have a Streamlight Twin Task 1L modded to use a Kroll switch. I leave it in LED mode.

If I switch it to Xenon, the beam is horrible yellow. But the LEDs just keep on truckin'.

Only problem is 123s pile up faster than that light can use 'em...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think you'll do any harm to the light(s) by running down the batts, esp since you're looking for a Led light for your purpose, and not incan.

Yup, Inova X5t is good for the job, else look in the Homemade/Modified section of CPF for Milkyspit's 'MilkyCandle', that's a real sucker (for batteries that is) alright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

If you're using enough 123's in your incan to care about this, get a rechargeable incan, e.g. Strion, Tigerlight, whatever.

Floating Spots

Enlightened

I usually use my Arc LSH-P.
After an incandescent, I usually get 10 minutes of regulated light and then hours of adequate light.
I've left it on for 10 hours and there are still photons coming out the front....