Current list of lights to buy. Help!?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,
I don't like stuff on my keychain, so for a small light, It'll either be a CMG Ultra G or a Arc AA.
For an edc light, I'll get a Longbow Micra, SF TW4/SF E1 with KL1 or Arc LSH
For a nice flood, SF L4. For a decent throw in a small size, my current SF G2 with P60 LOLA

Are these good choices?

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you don't need much help. You pretty much have it covered. I can only sugget a few custom or modded light and maybe a light with monster output and throw (surefire m6)

~Stephen

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF Garageboy, and why dontcha stay awhile!

If you don't like stuff on your keychain, why AA size rather than AAA? I hate to carry stuff, too, and the Arc AAA is a small concession worth its weight for me. The Ultra or the AA are huge in comparison and would not work on my keychain, which already has about 12 keys on it.

daloosh

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
GarageBoy,

I have all of these except the Longbow Micra. I think these are good choices. I recommend Pila 168S batteries for the L4.

I prefer the ARC AAA to the ARC AA or the Ultra, but this is just personal preference.

I much prefer the ARC LSH-P to the TW4 or the E1e/KL1.

Other lights you might want to consider are the Surefire A2, G2Z, M3, M3T, M6, and a Fire~Fly or a Jetts22 3 watt Blackbird. The Fire~Fly and the Blackbird are smaller than the Ultra but are brighter than the KL1.

My EDC for quite awhile was the ARC AAA, ARC LSH-P, A2.

My EDC now is the ARC AAA, ARC4x, and a McGizmo modified Surefire L1/2x123/ X4T/ BB750. The mod is a X bin 5 watt Luxeon with a high and low beam.

If your not sure which to get you might want to read more before you spend your money. If you can get your hands on some of these to compare that would be better still.

Enjoy your search.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on a TIGHT budget, but I still want the best. The L4 can wait. I have no need for something like the M6. (The P60 is perfect)
I like long battery lives, so I'll go with Arc AA. Longbow seems cheaper, so I'll pick up one of those. (For NOW, that is) Once I get the L4, I'll get a Vital Gear tube so I can make myself a TW4.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Sound good. Since it's not a keychain lite, the AA is fine, but I'm with Hoghead, I favor the AAA, a more elegant and portable small lite. The AAA I never notice if I put it around my neck on a lanyard, but the Ultra whumps around and makes itself known.

The Longbow is a perfect substitute for an LSH, but if you are patient you could come across an LSH at the same price or less on B/S/T. Still, the Micra is brighter and has a nice finish, it's not a compromise at all.

Recently, Vital Gear 1x123s have been scarce, but you are a ways from needing one. I sent my ugly KL1 to Chop for a TV0J, which is quite nice and bright now, and is fine with the Vital Gear can, but likes 2x123 better.

cheers
daloosh

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
get a surefire l4. you wont believe how bright it is. its my edc and the best light ive ever owned

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the AAA's Ive bought lately, the AAA premium had a "whiter" beam, but doesn't seem to be as bright as the standards, which are somewhat blue.