HDS Systems
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Default Re: Peak LED Solutions Q&A

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif[/img]

Great news!

Keep us posted as to when we can order. I, for one, want some! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

my ¢¢

I picked up a prototype 2n brass.. beautiful... me thinks the 'prototype' part was a not-the-best led.. the pics i've seen of beamshots beat this one, but that's no biggie for me.. love the fit and finish, and though it's heavy, it's a nice size.. though not sure why there is a solid mass of brass not machined out on the back end... guessing it's for 'future modding' in my case (i can re-do the end to be flat, or mill out the inside for more room)..

ok.. nuff of that... hey... i just did a test with a 1W luxeon driver and a AAAA battery.. it kicked butt... i got over a third of a watt.. and boy did it smoke my arc aaa. so beautiful. I did get .539W out of 2N batteries and they were the crappy non alkaline that came with (better than nothing, but please put alkaline batteries in with your lights... man that's so frustrating 'heavy duty' a euphemism for 'pieceacrap'.. (done venting)

in any event... why are N designs so popular but AAAA designs are nonexistant? (i own a streamline AAAA but it's blue.. i think that'll be a changin' pretty soon).. and i've seen a side-by-side AAAA lenzor.. but it's no smaller than a 123 light it seemed.. so what's the point?

The estimated runtime from energizer's site is about 40 minutes at 1/4W... so it'd maybe be a good idea to dial that back a bit, so i get more than 20 minutes of use, but it'd be worth it.

people are freaks for small and bright... you'd be able to sell more than you can make... tell people about the fact you can rip apart an energizer 9V that costs $2 in quantity and get SIX AAAA batteries, and that brings AAAA price right down to the same as AAA.. yes of course they don't run as long.. but if you have a light that smaller than the next guy's BATTERY... nobody's going to care.

I've been spending a great deal of time and effort designing and building the smallest, brightest light imaginable and talking with a lot of people, there is a huge desire to have the smallest brightest light... and slim is in... N designs are nice, and that they are the diameter of the BATTERY of the AA designs is so sweet... i compared my 2N peak to the CMG infinity ultra last night and it's so nice... however compared to my arc aaa.. it's huge...

with the amount of time a pocket light is used, an AAAA model would give you maybe 1 to 2 hrs of nice light depending on how low you dial down the power... oh and i'm talking luxeon of course.. you can probably get 10 hrs or more from a normal light bulb and have it just as bright as the current peak lights.. just 1/2 the size.

So.. smaller = better.. thinner is way better than stubby.. I know that N's have 50% more baseline capacity, but AAAA will disappear in your pocket.

Thanks for listening

-awr

ps.. love what i've seen from peak and awed so far keep it up.

Flashaholic*

hey MJ, i've been pondering making one of your HA3 Everest's my first flashlight purchase in a long time. but b4 i make the Peak plunge, i was wondering if you could get me some more information on the "snow" colored LED's, please?

they look great, but i'm wondering the pluses/minuses of the snow LED's vs. white LED's. i know i'd definitely want the snow/white color as one of the heads on the light tho, that's for sure.

thanks for your help!

-Ryan

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    BlindedByTheLite said:
    hey MJ, i've been pondering making one of your HA3 Everest's my first flashlight purchase in a long time. but b4 i make the Peak plunge, i was wondering if you could get me some more information on the "snow" colored LED's, please?

they look great, but i'm wondering the pluses/minuses of the snow LED's vs. white LED's. i know i'd definitely want the snow/white color as one of the heads on the light tho, that's for sure.

thanks for your help!

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello BlindedByTheLite: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sure not a problem. The new LED “ Snow “ is one of the new added options we have put together.

Snow vs. White

Both are 5mm LED. How ever the “ Snow” LED has a wider tip ( top ) rather then an angle tip. By this design feature of the LED it gives more of a balance in the light appearance and eliminating the ringing effect you would see in a “ White” LED.

The color of a “Snow” LED on a personal note is much more white then a “ White “ LED

The “ Snow” LED does not have a “ hot spot “ the “White” does

These LED’s have been tested in our facility for countless hours and have proven to up hold its remarkable Snow like color tint. That is how we have come to give it the name of “Snow” Giving off a very define visual appearance. These “ Snow” LED’s have also been tested in all versions in our lines and have got us very excited about adding it to our lines.

On a personal note if I was to choose between “ White” or “ Snow” Hands down I would opt to go with the “ Snow” LED myself.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

MJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

thanks for the help!

looks like a HA3 Everest with snow/UV colored LED's is gonna have to go on my "Christmas" list. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif[/img]

Dallas, I wonder how your supply of the Prototype 1AAA lights is holding up, and whether you can get more of that body style made. I like it better since it's about 1/2" shorter than your Matterhorn design, important for a keychain light. I'm guessing you changed designs partly in order to make your product distinct from Arc's and partly to accomodate the triple led. But Arc has unfortunately had to fold, so there's no more conflict. I have one of your prototypes in brass and it's real nice, except for the LED sticking up past the top, but hopefully you could fix that in a new run.

Flashaholic*

Good Morning Everyone:

At this time I would like to say thank you to everyone. This a very difficult time here in the CPF Community.

On behalf of myself and Peak LED Solutions we would like to extend our prayers out to those CPF members who our going through very difficult times right now.

At this time out of respect for the current events and situation surrounding the lose of ARC Flashlight LLC; Myself, and Peak LED Solutions will not engage in questions surrounding this event out of Respect for Peter Gransee.

As of Wednesday September 23, 2004 I have sent correspondence to Peter to see if we might be able to assist him, along with the CPF Community, and customers of ARC Flashlight.

Our office and myself personally have received countless request, phone calls, and correspondence regarding this. I ask everyone for his or her passions over the next week.

I will be away over the net few days and upon my return my time and focus will be on seeing what we can do to help all of those that are in need of help right now. As soon as I have a free moment I will finish getting the rest of the information up on the website that has been requested along with answering questions in relation to Peak Led Solutions Inc.

I look to have a statement released sometime next week, until then I ask that we all have compassion and understanding during these difficult times.

Best Wishes to all the families of CPF

MJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Peak LED Solutions Inc.

Enlightened

Just got my Matterhorn 3 LED Hi-power. A really nice light. It has much more of a spot than CMG Infinity Ultra, but somewhat brighter, smoother spot without as much sidespill and almost no blue cast in the spot. The color is much as described, balanced white with much less blue than most white LED's. It has a little of the yellow-green at the edge of the spot, but not enough to be bothersome. I really like this light and think that the reviews on Ledmuseum and Flashlightreviews are spot-on. Thanks guys. The light is longer than the Arc AAA. I am curious about the choice of the screw in tailcap. The light could be shorter with an integrated tailring or flat "butt." The head is also long, I'm sure as a result of the multiple LED's. The "Snow" LED's are great, IMHO; but since Peak is driving them conservatively, the 3 led light is only slightly brighter than my Ultra to the eye (not a scientific measurement, but different since the Ultra has a lot more sidespill). The folks at Peak make a really nice light, I just wish it were a little shorter. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

when i click on the "new items" link above, i only get a black screen.

can anyone provide a hint of what im missing?

also, DallasA, that was a very respectful of you to acknowlege Arc's plight. big thumbs up!

Bob

Flashaholic

Just read through this entire thread, and all I can say is WOW!
    My Christmas list just got started!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

Enlightened

Are there any runtime plots that compare between the standard and the Hi-power versions?

Flashaholic

Hi MJ:
    can you provide any more pictures of your 1 LED AAA sized light?

the only 2 on your website is not good enough for me to see the size and tail.

thanks
    Patrick

Wow, there's an awful lot to think about on this thread...

Can anyone tell me what kind of a job the Peak circuitry does of using up the bottom half of a 123 cell? That would be a critical factor in the purchase I'm thinking about.

that measurment on the aaa 3.25 in is that with key ring please say yes.?????

Flashaholic*

pathmd, for clarification your light is the high power with "snow white" leds?

Thanks,
    bhds

Enlightened

Glad to clarify, bhds.

I got the 3 LED Matterhorn hi-power with the "Snow" LED's. I've been playing with it and the CMG Infinity Ultra together for a couple of days now and each has its place. The Peak is really a "spot" flashlight with only a little sidespill. That's probably due to the inset LED's. The CMG has a lot more sidespill, but is considerably bluer with more irregularities in the spot. The throw of the Peak seems a little better than the Infinity Ultra. They are really about the same length, with the Peak being a little bit longer. I haven't really run it enough to address the battery life issues. I hope this helps.

Flashaholic*

pathmd, Would you consider the hi-power with 3 leds "brighter" than the cmg? Trying to figure out if I want the hi-power or the "ultra hi-power".

Thanks,
    bhds

Enlightened

bhds,

On fresh batteries, the spot of the 3 LED Peak seems a little brighter, but not much. It's a bit hard to tell, though, because of the color difference. The ultra-power looks like a special order through the Custom Design side. Has anyone seen one? Any idea about pricing? If not too much more than the hi-power, I would be interested.

Have a great day!

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    paulr said:
    Dallas, I wonder how your supply of the Prototype 1AAA lights is holding up, and whether you can get more of that body style made. I like it better since it's about 1/2" shorter than your Matterhorn design, important for a keychain light. I'm guessing you changed designs partly in order to make your product distinct from Arc's and partly to accomodate the triple led. But Arc has unfortunately had to fold, so there's no more conflict. I have one of your prototypes in brass and it's real nice, except for the LED sticking up past the top, but hopefully you could fix that in a new run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going quick have a lot of updating I need to do to the site. Good possibilities working on a few things right now and will give the updates as they become available.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]MJ

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    External said:
    Are there any runtime plots that compare between the standard and the Hi-power versions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to having that finish this week and up on the site

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    s2k said:
    Hi MJ:
    can you provide any more pictures of your 1 LED AAA sized light?

the only 2 on your website is not good enough for me to see the size and tail.

thanks
    Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I will see about posting one for you with my camera tomorrow

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Sub_Umbra said:
    Wow, there's an awful lot to think about on this thread...

Can anyone tell me what kind of a job the Peak circuitry does of using up the bottom half of a 123 cell? That would be a critical factor in the purchase I'm thinking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the charts will help, I know I have fallen a little behind on the site but I will make it a point to post the min it is done

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    GeforceFX said:
    that measurment on the aaa 3.25 in is that with key ring please say yes.?????

[/ QUOTE ]

All length sizes on our site is with the key ring attached. so the answer is yes on the AAA 1 LED

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    pathmd said:
    bhds,

On fresh batteries, the spot of the 3 LED Peak seems a little brighter, but not much. It's a bit hard to tell, though, because of the color difference. The ultra-power looks like a special order through the Custom Design side. Has anyone seen one? Any idea about pricing? If not too much more than the hi-power, I would be interested.

Have a great day!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few on the AAA 3 LED out their but have not seen anything on them.

They are 5.00 more the Hi-Power

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    DallasA said:
    Good Morning Everyone:

At this time I would like to say thank you to everyone. This a very difficult time here in the CPF Community.

On behalf of myself and Peak LED Solutions we would like to extend our prayers out to those CPF members who our going through very difficult times right now.

At this time out of respect for the current events and situation surrounding the lose of ARC Flashlight LLC; Myself, and Peak LED Solutions will not engage in questions surrounding this event out of Respect for Peter Gransee.

As of Wednesday September 23, 2004 I have sent correspondence to Peter to see if we might be able to assist him, along with the CPF Community, and customers of ARC Flashlight.

Our office and myself personally have received countless request, phone calls, and correspondence regarding this. I ask everyone for his or her passions over the next week.

I will be away over the net few days and upon my return my time and focus will be on seeing what we can do to help all of those that are in need of help right now. As soon as I have a free moment I will finish getting the rest of the information up on the website that has been requested along with answering questions in relation to Peak Led Solutions Inc.

I look to have a statement released sometime next week, until then I ask that we all have compassion and understanding during these difficult times.

Best Wishes to all the families of CPF

MJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Peak LED Solutions Inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely said.

It is indeed a sad time here on CPF. Competition and business dealings are one thing, but hearing that employees have suddenly lost their jobs, a person's company hs folded, and one of the products that people here got most excited about is gone.

I have had two conversations already, where I was about to tell the person about the ARC AAA, and I realised that it is no more.

I too, was going to ask about this prototype AAA product, (Shorter, regulation, no rear screw off tailcap), but,I too will wait.

Flashaholic*

Tried to order some lights this morning but my shopping cart is always empty when I go to check out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    bhds said:
    Tried to order some lights this morning but my shopping cart is always empty when I go to check out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a common occurance - it's called a Wife Program. Installed by wives worldwide to disable flashlight purchases. My computer has it, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    arewethereyetdad said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    bhds said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a common occurance - it's called a Wife Program. Installed by wives worldwide to disable flashlight purchases. My computer has it, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know about that. I think it's more of a virus that affects various hobbies. It's likely to appear more often with every upgrade. Had it with girlfriend 1.0, more often with 2.0 and 3.0. Seems like 4.0 is mostly virus-free and I certainly will not upgrade to wife 1.0 as long as it works. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

Chrisse